Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom Go Review Update ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom Go Review Update ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timmyo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Tom Tom Go Review Update ? Reply with quote

Would it be possible to update the TTG review on the site to include mention of the multiple map versions in circulation?

Also, as documented on the Expansys forum, Tom Tom employees at the London office have confirmed that the Go does not feature the same mapping version as that included on other Tom Tom platforms in order to keep the price down. I understand and accept this, but it might help people to make comparisons to have this information highlighted in the review as potential purchasers are likely to read that and not these forums.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mapping version as you so put it is a hypothetical increment on numbers. The same maps that are included within GO are present on the PALM and TTN3. The only difference is that GO is a newer product like MOBILE and these will contain later maps.

Regarding the different versions talked about in another thread, we have received no information from TomTom Management that the versions actually highlight a significant difference in data. That's not to say there isn't a difference.

Highlighting the fact that you may have v314 opposed to v390 means nothing until you ACTUALLY know what the difference is, and likewise returning a v314 just to try and get a v390 won't stand up under consumer law so I cannot see what difference at the moment adding this to the review will make. If you have v314, then there's not a lot you can do about it.

Do you know for sure what the differences are between v314 and v390 for instance (apart from a number) ?

Apologies if it sounds a bit harsh, but as of yet nobody knows exactly what the difference is between versions (if many at all) and I doubt you will be able to obtain a definitive list. This is being talked about to death in the GO forum, but apart from highlighting this to potential purchasers, I cannot see what else this can do.
timmyo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
The mapping version as you so put it

They are maps woth different version numbers. Who else would you put it? :D

[quote="Dave]The same maps that are included within GO are present on the PALM and TTN3.[/quote]

Not according to the poster on the Expansys Forum who spoke with the staff in their London office. (Heresay perhaps but worthy of followup?)

Dave wrote:
Regarding the different versions talked about in another thread, we have received no information from TomTom Management that the versions actually highlight a significant difference in data. That's not to say there isn't a difference.

But more than one user has posted to say that "v314 was like this, v390 is like that". Is that not enough?

We have all seen the same information floating around on various Fora. I just thought that it amounted to enough to warrant a mention in the most prominent way possible, for completeness if nothing else. I'm not going to loose any sleep over it Wink
timmyo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for the typos - long day Confused
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) The poster on Expansys is a fraud and he has been found out
2) there has been no direct comparison produced between both map versions to show there is significant difference. There may be a large difference, there may not be, but to date no direct comparison has been completed.

We certainly wouldn't update a review based on information from a fraudster posting under my name who says he's working for TomTom UK as:-

1) He is not me
2) There is no Dave Burrows working for TomTom UK.
timmyo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made no mention of that post ?
PM sent.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The post I thought you were referring to was the one impersonating me ? If not, it might be an idea in future to post a link to the topic when mentioning another forum otherwise it will create confusion like this as the most talked about thread is the one impersonating me.

I have received confirmation though that what the original poster was saying in this thread wasn't what was actually said.

BTW, I haven't received a PM.
timmyo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point ref linking.

Right second time - that was one of the posts that got me to thinking - if it turns out not to be accurate then disregard all my previous Wink

PM - hmm, not in my out, sent or draft boxes. Blimmin computers, never catch on . . .

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: