Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How to Switch From NMEA to SiRF and Back
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Switch From NMEA to SiRF and Back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soup
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: How to Switch From NMEA to SiRF and Back Reply with quote

Hi again,
Found out how to switch between the two protocols, works every time with Windows Mobile 2003 on an ipaq h2210.

NMEA to SiRF:
Start up the SysonChip GPS Viewer program (supplied with the unit), go tools, port settings and select your default NEMA settings then OK.
Go tools, command, select HOT START and then the SiRF tab, select default SiRF settings... Bingo

SiRF to NMEA:
Start up the SysonChip GPS Viewer program (supplied with the unit), go tools, port settings and select your default SiRF settings then OK.
Go tools, command, select HOT START and then the NMEA tab, select default NMEA settings (Dave burrows recommends in Tweaking and Testing your GPS Receiver that you set GGA=1, GLL=0, GSA=5, GSV=5, RMC=1, VTG=1)... and woosh, you're right back again.

That's been doing my head in but now it's sorted, hope it helps someone else too.

Thanks,
soup
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or just follow the technical article I wrote on exactly this subject over 16 months ago :D
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/winfastnavigatorppc.php
soup
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair comment Dave and a highly recommended article, it's very informative which gave me a fast-track learning curve and I used it to confirm which set of strings I was receiving, however I don't see where it actually gives any guidance on how to switch between the two protocols; the closest I see is "Connecting to the GPS Receiver is hit and miss, trial and error until you find the correct settings" or did I miss something?

Thanks,
soup

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: