Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TOMTOM GO does not want to do the route that I plan from A-B
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TOMTOM GO does not want to do the route that I plan from A-B

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DERRICK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: TOMTOM GO does not want to do the route that I plan from A-B Reply with quote

Hi all, I just planned a trip from Redruth in Cornwall to Kingsbridge in Devon (I am in Dorset) I did the A-B plan and all seems well but after a few seconds after the planned route comes up on the screen the TTG then proceeds to redo a new route from Kingsbridge bact to my home which is not what I want it to do!. Why is this not planning a route and sticking with it?. Any ideas any-one please?.

Regards, DERRICK
DERRICK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: not holding in memory Reply with quote

I was beginning to think that I was using invisible ink on this forum and other ones on this subject. lots have read it but no answers. Seems there may be a fault on this otherwise excellent kit or at the least software bug. I am surprised that no-one has picked this up before but there again I always seem to find "bugs" in software etc. Other users need to try this test and see if it works propely or not as it doesn't seem to hold it in memory at all. Also I find that I can't do more than one via's on my journey. Maybe can make a list of "bugs".

Regards, DERRICK (G0DLD)
Cee_Jay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with your first observation ((A->B) . I guess nobody knows a way around it, which is why they haven't posted a response.

I don't know about the second (vias) as I've not really had a need to plan anything like that.

I presume there's a feedback section on the tomtom website for such observations!?

Regards,

Chris
avi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience with the via route provide unpredicted surprises. Today, I tried the to go my office (down town Amsterdam) but I needed to go to the car dealer first so I had him as via. When I left the car dealer, TTG wanted to guide me to the airpor which half-way to my office.
arturus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just happened to notice the post---having a browse through the forums. I tried you test of Redruth to Kingsbridge. It initially came up on the screen and then I lost it when the full map came up and showed a departure from my home address.
Then I went into 'properties and cheched the box 'always zoom to planned route (in 'map view').I redid the exercise and everything worked out fine. Give it a go
Arturus
buckman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello - just trying that out but can't seem to find the box 'always zoom to planned route (in 'map view')?

Any ideas how i get there? Embarassed
arturus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Go to 'map',click 'file',click 'properties',click 'advanced' then scroll down to 'map view'. Tick yhe box 'always zoom to planned route'.
Hope this helps
Arturus
watie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came across the same problem when planning a route in AtoB soon as you changed into navigator view it planed a new and different route. The way I got around it was to start the journey in map view then after a few hundred yards switch to Navigator view it then just changed view and kept to the AtoB route

Regards
Watie
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what is happening to you is that you are not starting your journey from exactly the start point you have used to pre-plan your route.

TomTom works out where you are at exactly the start point of navigation and plans a route from where you actually are to your destination.

A small difference in start position could lead to a totally different route.

It may be easier to set your destination, then use "navigate to" to plan your route when and where you are starting off.
buckman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Go to 'map',click 'file',click 'properties',click 'advanced' then scroll down to 'map view'. Tick yhe box 'always zoom to planned route'.
Hope this helps

Hi - sorry to be really thick, but i cant seem to see any "file" menu or button? is this in the map view after its calculated the A>B route?

I cant seem to find it anywhere? Embarassed Embarassed
arturus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not a menu or a button.Ehen you are in map view look at botton left hand side. If you can see the A/B to plan a route surely you can see 'File' and 'Tools' alongside it. Click on 'File'.
Arturus
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This instruction as written is where you click on the top arrow in the left hand corner then select "Map". Then "File" will appear at the bottom left

You can also go directly in from "Navigator". Click (touch) around the middle of the screen until the menu appears then click (touch) the "more..." icon until the icon with a picture of the spanner called "properties" appears. Click this icon. then

Select the advanced tab at the bottom right then scroll down to Map View and select what you want.

You could also de-select "always start in navigator view" further up the advanced menu if you wish.
buckman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arturus wrote:
Its not a menu or a button.Ehen you are in map view look at botton left hand side. If you can see the A/B to plan a route surely you can see 'File' and 'Tools' alongside it. Click on 'File'.
Arturus

No sorry, i dont seem to have that on the screen at all? Can you do a step by step inputting the data on your GO? Mine wouldnt be defective would it?? Rolling Eyes
brendanhoar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the people trying to help are talking about TTN3, and not TTG?

-brendan

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: