Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Postcode has F--ked My GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Postcode has F--ked My GPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferd32
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: TT Postcode has F--ked My GPS Reply with quote

Needless to say I am F--ked right OFF now.

I loaded TT GPS and TT sat nav this morring and then I loaded the speed camera add on as well. It all worked fine.

I then loaded the UK postcode update to the letter and when I went to start it I got an error message somethink like unable to find ukpostcode file or somthink.

Now the gps will not work (ipaq nav system with a Ipaq 3970) It will still see the CF card but no gps

Have tried unloading and loading it again and have even rebooted the PPC2002 OS and it just sits there not even looking for a signal.

Any help and you will be my best mate.

F--ked OFF Ferd32 Evil or Very Mad
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's highly unlikely to be the UKPostCode application. In all the thousands of installs I have never heard it causing any issue to TomTom Navigator.

Can you remove the jacket, soft reset then re-attach the jacket. Also what settings have you configured in the GPS Driver applet?
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you running PPC 2002?

If you are then you may want to install CheckPOInt 2.02 which installs files for PPC2002 that Postcode can also use.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Ferd32
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Still not working Reply with quote

Hi
Yes I have tried lots of soft starts and a compleat reload.

If you mean what settings do i have the TT gps at? There the same as before (Tom Tom GPS (Ipaq Sleeve) and GPS receiver.

Or do you another GPS Driver?

I am running PPC2002 2.10 and I had CheckPoint on there as well because I had the speed camera softwear as well.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try re-installing the GPS Jacket Driver, this should be on the CD that came with the original bundle (is it HP's iNS System?) as TT3 does not natively support the Navman/iNS Jackets unless you use the driver that Navman/HP iNS supply.

If you don't have the CD, for the HP iNS System, use the driver available here or alternatively for the Navman Jacket use this one.
Ferd32
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: YEEP EEEEEEEEE Reply with quote

Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what happened there then?

Forget it I am very Happy Now

I loaded the Ipaq CD on and way it went. But what gets me is why It did it.

Right will try again only one more think the folder for ukpostcodes, Is it ukpostcode or 'ukpostcode'

Or any think else.

Thank you again

Ferd32
moggy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the folder should be ukpostcode
just as its spelt without the apostrophies

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: