Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MEDION GPS and TOMTOM 3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MEDION GPS and TOMTOM 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: MEDION GPS and TOMTOM 3 Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes I have just bought Tom Tom navigator 3 but am unsure about which GPS setting to use????? i own a Medion PPC which can be seen on the Medion website. The gps came with the package but i am not sure what make it is and therefore am unable to set it up in TOMTOM. I would be extremely grateful if somebody could let me know the answer to this!
Steff
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Medion came with a Royaltek Sapphire GPS. This comes with the GSA and RMC sentences switched off which many apps including TomTom require.

If you use a utilty such as Winfast Navigator you can check this, if they are disabled then enable them. Winfast is available here.

Download the application, unzip the file to a directory on your desktop and follow the steps to install.

Connect your GPS antenna to your PDA and make sure you can receive data! (Without the antenna connected you will not be able to change the settings!). Switch on your PDA.

Start WinFast Navigator, Go to the menu Tools/Port Setting. For the Medion 40600 PDA + RGM-2000 mouse the settings should be like:

GPS Protocol = NMEA
Port = Serial COM1
BaudRate = 4800
Select OK

Now go to the menu View/Development. A blank screen will appear and soon you will start receiving NMEA messages (with the standard settings, you will probably only see the GGA and GSV messages)

Now it becomes time to change the factory settings. Go to the menu Tools/Command and set next settings:
GGA=1, GLL=0, GSA=5, GSV=5, RMC=1, VTG=1, MSS=0, User=0, User=0, User=0

Select OK

Now go back to the menu View/Development (see step 6). This time you will receive the NMEA messages GGA, GSV, GSA and RMC. Exit the WinFast Navigation program.

launch tomTom and configure the GPS as folows:

Port = Serial COM1
BaudRate = NMEA0v183@4800

If you followed all above steps correctly, TomTom should now successfully work!
ovisopa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: MDPPC250 + RGM-2000 Reply with quote

I have the same GPS receiver but a diferent Medion PPC , mine is MDPPC250 with 250 MHz procesor. The software that came with the PPC is TCM Navigator 2004 (the medion PPC is labeled as TCM product ..) if I start TCM I can see the spped I'm moving but I can't see the longitude and latitude Sad and when I try to use other programs it's not working, only at the beggining I could calibrate a map using loc Browser, but something weird is happening .. with loc browser sometime it gets the lat and long. coordinates and sometime it's not .. I don't understand, in the same place now I can see the coordinates and in 1 minute I cannot. I tried some other programs like Vitesse Limite v21, vito smart map, GPS sonar, GPS Tuner v2.0 and none of those programs worked Sad could not locate my GPS device. In the setings I can see in all programs the port of the GPS device from COM 1 to COM 8 .. but if look at device manager (using Pocket Tools) the serial port is on COM 9 , I was thinking that all those programs are not working because of this Sad

Do you think that i should make the same modifications using Winfast Navigator ?

10x in advance

see ya all

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: