Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - does any body want to sell a france only map
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

does any body want to sell a france only map

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robdeb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: does any body want to sell a france only map Reply with quote

i have ttn3 and need a copy of a france map only going very soon Confused
dmac
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry cant help was also looking for Norway only.
Pester TT and and UK sales outlets to make them change their
sales policy.
I would have thought it would have been In TT interests to increase
sales by offering single regions for the tourist market, cannot understand
their decision to ignore this revenue stream Angry
lostagain
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also wanted Northern France. I raised it with TT as an issue, but the reply was simply buy the full set !

The less detailed EU map supplied with TT3 is pretty good for finding towns and I will make do with that rather than pay £100+

It is mad because very few people will ever want to drive in all the countries. If they charged £10 for a region they would sell loads.

I expect someone will start selling copies on ebay before long.
OZ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look on e-donkey or Overnet (basically same thing) you will find every TomTom map you could imagine and yes even the France ones, BUT the problem is activation, yes i know they say key included etc but try downloading one and useing it i bet you wont be able to.
As i understand it, you can load an original onto two machines, then it becomes time critical, but i am sure that the company keep a cached file in their system for all our original machine id's.
novaya_zemla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oz - You are quite right about all the European maps being available on the internet, unfortunatly for Tom Tom they have all been 'cracked' and the activation routines have been removed - This means that the all maps can be loaded, reloaded and used on any machine as often as one would wish - Not good for Tom Tom but an unfortunate consequence of their marketing policy...
lostagain
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone who has the EU maps CD set tell me how much space the French segments take up ?
For instance Brittany only ?
Northern France from Le Mans upwards ?

Do these maps integrate with the major road map of EU that is included with the UK version of TT3 ?
bobmorris
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Maps of France Reply with quote

The CD of France which I have is broken down into 64mb segments and asks which part of France you wish to load for ex Paris,West,Centre,South East. The segment for your area covers from Cherbourg down to Tours and includes Le Man. You can also load smaller areas onto your card. The full map of France is 215mb

As to your other question I have no personal knowledge of the maps integrating with the Major Road map, however I believe you have to switch maps on your PDA/GO to enable the use of the actual local street mapping etc.
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Maps of France Reply with quote

bobmorris wrote:
The CD of France which I have is broken down into 64mb segments and asks which part of France you wish to load for ex Paris,West,Centre,South East. The segment for your area covers from Cherbourg down to Tours and includes Le Man. You can also load smaller areas onto your card. The full map of France is 215mb

As to your other question I have no personal knowledge of the maps integrating with the Major Road map, however I believe you have to switch maps on your PDA/GO to enable the use of the actual local street mapping etc.

They do not intergrate, as you say you have to switch maps. If you go off the "Major Route", then the road is not shown and it is like going across a field!

Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: