Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ppc250 white screen
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ppc250 white screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madspark
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: ppc250 white screen Reply with quote

Can anyone help? i switched my ppc250 on the day and it just shows a white screen. I have done hardware reset and it still stays white. it was running fine the day before.
i bought it last may and has not been neglected in anyway. if a lost cause do i have to send it to medion or can i take it back to aldifor replacement?
Any suggestions would be great. Crying or Very sad
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you performed a full Hard Reset or just a Soft reset? Try removing the battery and switching the small Power On/Off Slider to off. Wait a minute then turn it back ON and re-insert battery.

If this fails then I think Aldi have a full 12month replacement or refund warranty. The problem with this is they are highly unlikely to have any replacements as they only ever have limited stock and these are long gone days after the units are launched so you should be prepared for a refund if you do.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Madspark

Not wishing to upset you by this remark, but are you sure that you have done a proper Hard Reset, pushing the stylus into the power switch only does a Soft Reset, in order to do a Hard Reset you need to push the on/off switch in at the same time as pushing in the stylus into it!

Medion UK may help you with this problem, you can contact them as follows

Telephone: 0870 727 0370 (national rate call charges apply)
Monday − Friday
from 8:00am − 8:00pm
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays
from 10:00am − 4:00pm

Hope you get this sorted, as Darren said, Aldi will give you a Full refund so long as you have your original prof of purchase, but that does not help when you still want that unit.
moatz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this the other day.

After spending a couple of days, getting frustrated with the unit. I fully charged the unit, then left for the weekend in the house.

Come Monday morning, I turned it on and it was back at the setup prompt. All is working fine, now. I was taking it to work to call Medion.

BTW: You do do a backup? I backup my PDA to a FLASH Card once a week and make sure I sync to my laptop, everyday. I lost all my routes a couple of weeks ago :x .

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: