Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can I use routes on my 3790T?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I use routes on my 3790T?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkyUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Can I use routes on my 3790T? Reply with quote

Hi, looking for a bit of help please. I have a 3790T and I can upload .gpx files to from basecamp and tyre. But I can't find any way to load a route on the GPS. Does anyone know how to do this? TIA
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just put the gpx file into GPX folder Wink

Note this though from Garmin FAQs:

To access a transferred route in a zumo 350, dezl series, LIVE series, or nuvi 2400, 2405, 2505, 3400, 3500, or 3700 series device:

1.Touch Apps
2.Touch Trip Planner
3.Allow time for the device to automatically import the trip/route
These Trip Planner devices will take several minutes to automatically import trips into the Trip Planner. The import will automatically begin, but no message will appear on the device indicating that the import is happening. Once the import is complete, all transferred routes will be displayed under a category called Unscheduled Trips in the Trip Planner. Until the trips show up in Trip Planner, please do not turn off the device or connect it to a computer.
SkyUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The route loads into basecamp fine, and exported to the device. There is an expected gpx file in the gpx folder. I selected trip planner and watched it for an hour, but nothing has shown up. Any idea how long a 7 waypoint route would take to load? .
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What software are you running?

Initially you couldn't import routes/trips into the 3790 but that was corrected with a software update, version 4.50
SkyUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it working. I deleted the gpx file from the satnav and re-exported from basecamp. Basecamp created a file on the satnav called tempa.gpx and it was immediately available in trip planner.

I wonder if there is a naming format required. Maybe 8.3 or no spaces in the filename. Its a shame there isn't an error message of any sort.

Thanks for your help. In a week I'm on a 5 day 1200 mile trip with others, and I can now follow the route Smile
Chris_911
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say that I was experiencing exactly the same problem with my new 3598. Deleting the .gpx files I had transferred via 'finder' on my Mac and then doing a transfer of the files using Basecamp instantly solved my problem.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: