Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Where can I find Go 750 old software version
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Where can I find Go 750 old software version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terryads
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Where can I find Go 750 old software version Reply with quote

Hi
I'm having the eternal reboot/freeze problem with my 2 year old 750 live after (foolishly) accepting an update to the latest software version (9.43), when resubscribing to live services in April. Until then it had been running flawlessly on the original software. Sadly I have no backup of this. I did do a reinstall of the OS as per their website which got it running for a few days, but I'm now back to square 1. The TT website has no repository of previous versions, so can anyone tell me where I might find earlier versions and how to install it. Any help gratefully received
Cheers, Terry
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can provide a download link, but they are all different for the different versions. So can you give us an idea of what version you wanted? (probably v9.058 or v9.061).

The problem is that once you've updated software, SOMETIMES the bootloader version gets updated too, and it then becomes impossible to go back to an earlier version of Navcore.

IIRC, the update to v9.061 was "one-way" so you can't get back to v9.058 from there, but you should be able to go back to v9.061 version from v9.430.
terryads
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: possibly fixed – but thanks for the offer Reply with quote

thanks for the reply above. In the interim I've followed advice I found elsewhere to backup the device and completely reformat it in Windows Explorer and then reload the software through tom-tom home. So far, this is working and in fact the device seems to be operating a little faster than it was. I'm using it as much as I can to check that the fix remains good(I did effect a previous fix by simply removing the application and reloading it, but without the full format of the device. The device then locked up again after about a week). I'll report back in a couple of weeks on the progress, and if there are further problems possibly try the solution of the earlier software – unfortunately I can't be sure exactly what version it was running previously as I didn't keep a note of it, but the device was bought in February 2010 and was still running the same software.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope it all works out OK now, let us know how you get on.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: