Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - route 66 speed camera help loading
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

route 66 speed camera help loading

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mybobby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: route 66 speed camera help loading Reply with quote

hi
can anybody please help me, i have recently bought a satnav which is from china it comes with full uk and europe maps by route 66, can anyone tell me how i load the speed camera database alerts on to this system any help would be most appreciated thanks
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search and ye shall find! Laughing

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=40587
mybobby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Search and ye shall find! Laughing

[url]http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?n
ame=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=40587[/url]

tried that 1 mate but dont noo what it means by select all the bmp and csv files their should be 46 ? Crying or Very sad
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah OK, there's some beginners guides on the main download page that should explain all about the different database options.
Briefly you have a .csv data file and a .bmp icon file for each camera file, and you either get a couple of them in the all-in-one download, half a dozen in the "consolidated by type" (each type of camera has its own file so you can have different warnings, or LOTS in the full "speed-zoned" set (so you can have a warning that tells you what speed you should be doing.

Are you vaguely computer literate, and able to move files from one place to another?
mybobby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Ah OK, there's some beginners guides on the main download page that should explain all about the different database options.
Briefly you have a .csv data file and a .bmp icon file for each camera file, and you either get a couple of them in the all-in-one download, half a dozen in the "consolidated by type" (each type of camera has its own file so you can have different warnings, or LOTS in the full "speed-zoned" set (so you can have a warning that tells you what speed you should be doing.

Are you vaguely computer literate, and able to move files from one place to another?

hello mate
thanks for your reply, i can move files around but im not exactly a computer wizard i get lost with all the jargon
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I see the confusion....
Follow the steps in Mike's first post in that link I gave BUT IGNORE where he puts file numbers, as more caregories have been added since that was written.
There are now 32 .csv data files, and 32 .bmp icon files, which you need to copy.

If you go through Mike's steps but still have problems, tell us exactly where you lose the plot.
mybobby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
I think I see the confusion....
Follow the steps in Mike's first post in that link I gave BUT IGNORE where he puts file numbers, as more caregories have been added since that was written.
There are now 32 .csv data files, and 32 .bmp icon files, which you need to copy.

If you go through Mike's steps but still have problems, tell us exactly where you lose the plot.

hi andy
thanks for your reply sorry i couldnt get back to you sooner but i had to go out, as far as ive got up to now is, ive downloaded the speed camera alerts and put them into a folder, then ive put the sd card into my computer which has the route 66 maps on it, ive opened this up and it didnt have a file for britain in it, it just said europe so i created a folder and named it britain, then i transfered all the speed c ameras into this file, now ive lost the plot again ha ha
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it has european maps then i would guess you will need to put the files into the european folder?

i've never used route66 other than demo's at trade fairs so can't really comment...!

MaFt
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know Route 66 specifically either, but if the instructions said to put the files in a "Britain" folder but you have "European"maps, then put the files straight into whatever your map folder is called, NOT inside a folder inside that one.

With so many satnavs around and updates all the time, it is almost impossible to keep instructions for every unit entirely up to date.
For example, with a TomTom aside from the obvious differences between the map folder names for UK and Europe versions, just about every map release has a SLIGHTLY different folder name than the last ("Western_Europe", WesternEurope" "W+C_Europe" sort of thing), so you can't be too specific.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will write up a full answer to this when I get home and have access to the PC unless you get it sorted first, its a tad difficult using just the phone - Mike
mybobby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
I will write up a full answer to this when I get home and have access to the PC unless you get it sorted first, its a tad difficult using just the phone - Mike

thanks mike
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Try this for good measure:

mikealder wrote:
1/ Download the camera database, in the dropdown box select “Route66”, in the next dropdown box select UK- Speed Zoned complete CSV (32 files, and I don’t understand why you would want anything less than this) – Save this to a know location, for example (c:/Route66scameras) create this if you are not too sure right click the desktop of the PC and select “New Folder”, then call it Route66scameras.

2/ Dock and connect to your PDA with the PC, select all the bmp and csv files stored in the above folder (should be 64 files in total), Right click and select “copy” from the pop-up box.

3/ In Windows Explorer go to mobile device/ Storage Card/ POIS/ Europe then right click and select “Paste”, this will copy the required files across to the device.

4/ If you find the Storage Card/ POIS/ Europe folder doesn't exist simply create it before copying the files across to the device

Audio Warnings for POI’s (what’s not in the manual)

On the SD card of the Pocket PC there needs to be a folder named POI resident within the SPEECH folder, if its not there create one, drop your audio files into this, they must be of the .OGG file format, try the Liz Whit voice as it sounds great in use with Route 66.
For a source of these files visit This Page, where Andy P2002 has brought together a collection of different ogg audio file sets. I appreciate the page says its for TomTom, but these files will work with the Route 66 software

Configure each of the warnings, once you have performed the above fire up Route 66 on the PPC and tap the screen, select the “POI” icon (lower Left) then POI Alarm (middle Left) then select each camera in turn and configure as required in terms of screen position, distance, on route or not, finally select the sound you want per camera icon.

A word of warning with respect to the "warn if POI on Route", this really does mean is the POI on the route, with very little margin for off route locations, I have un-ticked the box on my device as I found it too unreliable in the local area, where a large number of mobile cameras are on parallel adjacent roads.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: