Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Aytobe- Speedcams and other POIs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Aytobe- Speedcams and other POIs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigdavep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually prefer the mp3 player included in Malta, its great when at work or doing anything because of the big buttons, means you don't have to have pointy finger nails or have to get the stylus out to use it. the pocket winamp i've found to be pants after playing around with it for a while, it may sound good but its a pain to physically use.

I'm still waiting on someone to suggest where to get a calendar and task program, or even pocket outlook itself from so i can syncronise everything between my work PC, laptop and home pc
Mike1963
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mp3 player is in the windows dir and called xplayer. Unfortunately, its read only so cant be deleted. I still prefer TCPMP for its playlists and the fact I can minimize the window and have Nyx Clock showing instead.

Hopefully, someone can find a working calendar because Ive spent whole days trying lots of them out and found none to work.
stb6610
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: TMC Reply with quote

Just got my AYTOBE and looking at the website noticed that there is an update to the software to improve the TMC reception.
http://www.aytobe.com/html/updates.html

Now, it seemed before like the TMC was an optional bit that they hadn't written yet (like the Speed Cams), but this implies otherwise. It's dated 18th August.

Anybody know if it's already on the new hardware or, if not, if it's worth loading?

I was under the impression (as somebody who's never actually had a GPS device before) that TMC normally needed a h/w addon but the AYTOBE doesn't have anywhere to plug one in (unless it uses the USB port) so I wonder if everything it needs is built in?
dannz81
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: help plz Reply with quote

hi guys thanks for all the help got everything working great with this little gadget

in tomtom6 i cant seem to get the internal gps to work so im not getting any signal what setting in gps recievers in tt6 do you have set?

thank you in advance dan
Retromax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: help plz Reply with quote

dannz81 wrote:
hi guys thanks for all the help got everything working great with this little gadget

in tomtom6 i cant seem to get the internal gps to work so im not getting any signal what setting in gps recievers in tt6 do you have set?

thank you in advance dan

Right,

select "other NMEA GPS reciever"
select the GPS baud rate at 9600
then select that it is connected to the "Serial Cable on SP2" option.

Give it a minute (make sure you are outside as it doesn't like being indoors much) then you should get the signal
dannz81
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: cheers Retro Reply with quote

Laughing Out Loud this morning b4 i left done jus that i was choosing the right arerial just didnt set it for 9600 so its all working gr8

thanx for the help M8
ace192
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: aytobe Reply with quote

hey - first time post!

i see lots of great stuff floating around in this post.
a thing about malata... look in registry,

hkey_local_machine\init
launch50 is linked to malata.exe
does changing this to explorer mean that malata.exe will not run at startup?
also - is there a way of making a backup of my registry so i can play safely?

ace.
sharstone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: TomTom maps Reply with quote

Hi,

Just got one of these units, got the TomTom splash screen up, but it then says it can't find maps even though it works fine on my PDA. Could someone confirm what directory the UK maps should be stored in to work with this unit?

Thanks
Mike1963
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace, Just delete the Malata entry in the registry then restart. I use Mobile Registry Editor. You can make a backup of your registry with the same prog and you can make a backup of your files with ActiveSync.

Sharstone, My maps are in \MMC_Storage\Navigator\GB_plus_major_roads_of_WE
Retromax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: aytobe Reply with quote

ace192 wrote:
hey - first time post!

i see lots of great stuff floating around in this post.
a thing about malata... look in registry,

hkey_local_machine\init
launch50 is linked to malata.exe
does changing this to explorer mean that malata.exe will not run at startup?
also - is there a way of making a backup of my registry so i can play safely?

ace.

Yes active sync and perform a backup
Just incase you do mess stuff up..... hard reset and everything is back to normal.
happyhkv
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcorallo wrote:
Hi,

First post :D

I've bought the AytoBe from Maplins also.

I've spent about an hour playing and so far managed to get the Windows CE desktop to come up.

1) connect AyToBe via Active Sync
2) take a backup copy of the the file \flash_storage\Autorun.inf file to a folder on your PC and keep it safe. Make another copy to edit somewhere else.
3) Edit the copy of Autorun.inf to now say
navigation = \Windows\explorer.exe
4) Copy this back to the \flash_storage\ folder
5) perform a reboot with the switch on the back
6) Hey presto, the device drops into the Windows CE desktop.

When you press the menu button on the AyToBe (top right) it shows the 3 button app launcher (malata.exe) with Navigation / Music / Setting buttons. If you now tap the navigation button, it goes back into Window but this time it runs Windows Explorer - you dont get the desktop.

This is as far as I got - very simple - nothing too complicated.

I'd like to know how to get the desktop to come up when I press the navigation button - not sure how to do this yet. I assume maybe somehow got to kill/end/close the malata.exe app - not sure how?

Also, there is no taskbar / start at the bottom - so I need to find out how to get this working.

Ideally, I'd be happy with it opening the desktop and having some shortcuts there for my apps.

I guess this AyToBe device will run MPEG video players as well....?

Does anyone know of a way of entering text into the Windows CE .NET 4.2 OS - is there a piece of software that pops up a keyboard to use with the stylus?

Cheers,

Jules

Hi I have deleted my autorun.inf file. Are they unique to the unit or can someone send me a copy by email.

Help appreciated.
jcorallo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using Notepad, create a file called autorun.inf

The original contents are as follows:

navigation = \MMC_Storage\MobileNavigator\MobileNavigator.exe

Cheers,

Jules
happyhkv
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcorallo wrote:
Using Notepad, create a file called autorun.inf

The original contents are as follows:

navigation = \MMC_Storage\MobileNavigator\MobileNavigator.exe

Cheers,

Jules

Thanks for the prompt reply...I have put in your modified autorun.inf at the moment. I can see the MobileNavigator.exe. Can I not just create a shortcut to this, and keep the desktop?
quistor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: TMC Reply with quote

This 'update' seems to be the same software as that on my SD card.

I called the Holland support line today and got through to a guy in Copenhagen. He told me that there will be another update posted to the AYTOBE by the end of the month that should allow you to download a map of Europe.

Also he told me that the TMC facility is supposed to work on with the current UK software.

stb6610 wrote:
Just got my AYTOBE and looking at the website noticed that there is an update to the software to improve the TMC reception.
http://www.aytobe.com/html/updates.html

Now, it seemed before like the TMC was an optional bit that they hadn't written yet (like the Speed Cams), but this implies otherwise. It's dated 18th August.

Anybody know if it's already on the new hardware or, if not, if it's worth loading?

I was under the impression (as somebody who's never actually had a GPS device before) that TMC normally needed a h/w addon but the AYTOBE doesn't have anywhere to plug one in (unless it uses the USB port) so I wonder if everything it needs is built in?
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: TMC Reply with quote

quistor wrote:
This 'update' seems to be the same software as that on my SD card.

I called the Holland support line today and got through to a guy in Copenhagen. He told me that there will be another update posted to the AYTOBE by the end of the month that should allow you to download a map of Europe.

Also he told me that the TMC facility is supposed to work on with the current UK software.

Presumably, though, you'd need some kind of receiver and subscription?

Last edited by Lester_Burnham on Sat May 19, 2007 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 15 of 20

Jump to: