Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Looking for advice on a simple track/waypoint recorder app.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for advice on a simple track/waypoint recorder app.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Earthworm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Looking for advice on a simple track/waypoint recorder app. Reply with quote

Hi. I am currently running MemoryMap OS edition on my Windows mobile 5 PPC and home PC. I am now looking to augment this with another app that will hopefully allow me to record tracks and waypoints in areas that are not covered by MemoryMap's installed OS maps. Does anyone know of or can recommend such a piece of software that is useable without pre-loaded map? I previously had a Sony Ericsson P910i that I used in combination with an application called NHGPS. This was an excellent piece of software because it also allowed me to download maps of my current location in realtime over 3g/gprs from Multimap.com for immediate use. Is there anything similar available for the windows mobile 5 platform?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at using Google Earth on the PDA using the phones GPRS to get the map data or aerial photos, see Here It won't record tracks though, for that you could try Fransons GPS Gate, or even the old TomTom GPS driver vs 2,06 from HERE - then you would need to covert the log file into another format to display the data on your PC map application GPSBable is good for conversions - Mike
Earthworm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. I think that Fransons GPS Gate would be an excellent app because I have many GPS related apps on my PPc and would like to share the GPS output between them. I have searched for it but just find forums that mention it. Where exactly can I download it? Also, I tried Google Earth Mobile but I can't get it to connect to my Globalsat BT-338 GPS. Oh well.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at Handango.com HERE you can try before buy with this application - it is well worth using if you want logging and multiple GPS based applications running at the same time - Mike
Earthworm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for th advice. I have downloaded GPS gate 2.5 and it works like a charm. Very impressive. Think I'll be buying this :-) As for my original query, I'm trying Vito Smartmap 3.5, Vito Navigator II, oziexplorerCE & gps tuner. All seem to have their faults but I'm edging towards Vito Smartmap. I'd still love to find something of the callibre of NHGPS or Smartcom Navigator that I used to use on my old and trusty SE P910i though :-(

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: