Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - xda1
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

xda1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baadboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: xda1 Reply with quote

hi,please help with some info.i have installed ttn5 on the xda all looks ok when navigation is on except at bottom it says no gps device.the destination route loads up ok but it flits from active and inactive. the colour changes to grey and goes inactive then colour returns and is active again.the all beams box is unchecked in setting/conection.
thanks in advance
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you in the car or outside when this happens? - what you describe is what I see if using TTN5 inside a building with a lessor quality GPS receiver. Can you specify the hardware a little more and the location you are trying to use the kit. If you are in the car what type of windscreen do you have fitted, is it Athermic coated glass per chance? The colour change is to grey is quite normal, this occurs when the GPS signal is lost - Mike
baadboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: xda Reply with quote

hi mike,thanks for the reply.i am in the car when trying it out.the winscreen is normal no coating.i am using a y cable gps receiever with cig/lighter plug in.i dont know why its doing it it was ok before i had to hard reset.installed the same software before and did not have the problem thanks
baadboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: xda Reply with quote

hi, trying to sort out no gps devices status i encounter when trying to install the ttn5.checked and unchecked the all beam box but still no good.using y gps cable. configured other cable nmea gps,baud frate4800,serial cable.com1.all help will be very much appreciated
thanks
Pc-Mobile
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: xda Reply with quote

baadboy wrote:
hi, trying to sort out no gps devices status i encounter when trying to install the ttn5.checked and unchecked the all beam box but still no good.using y gps cable. configured other cable nmea gps,baud frate4800,serial cable.com1.all help will be very much appreciated
thanks

You seem to have done the right things: uncheck beam, other nmea cable GPS, com 1.

Did you say the combination was working before? consistently?
Otherwise you have to suspec a faulty GPS or connecting cable.
Symtems on your first post did sugget, as Mike rightly indicated, unreliable reception (but working) which can be caused by various conditions.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a couple of easy things to check, when you go to the TomTom GPS set-up page in Change Preferences you will see a small Yellow/ Blue disk in the top right corner - is this rotating or not? - if its rotating then the device can see the GPS unit.
Is there any external keyboard software loaded on to the device, if so run up its appropriate programe and re-select the Com port to Com/ IrDA rather than Keyboard mode. Mike
baadboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: xda(mike) Reply with quote

hi mike, thanks for replying. mike you hit the nail on the head.what you said about the irda.rang a bell.
previously i had to check that.to activate the gps. the problem is i cannot locate the irda check box.
i am not sure about the where or how to sort the com ports.
the external keyboard i dont have that . i have not loaded that knowingly.
if you can help me out a bit further with a little more detail would be great. i feel iam close to to resolving this .
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IrDA check box is simply the "Recieve all beams" check box, found in Start/ Settings Connections Tab "Beam" icon, you would have this deselected if using the unit with a wired GPS, now we have eliminated any external keyboard, what is the little yellow / Blue disk doing within the TomTom application? - Mike
baadboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: xda Reply with quote

hi mike,the yellow/black disc is rotating now and the ttn5 loaded up and seems to be working .mike,many thanks for your time and patience. i do, no, i think all appreciate what you do. thanks again.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: