Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT 910 mount
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT 910 mount

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plantman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: TT 910 mount Reply with quote

Hi has anyone had trouble with there 910 charging when it's in the car mount mine keeps switching on and off, going to take it back to Dixon's today but wanted to know if its a common problem or not.

thought with the cost of the unit it would be a better mount than this??????

Regards plantman Sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine did this at first, now after a couple of days and about 30 insertion/ releases it seams to have settled down and works, also its become easier to mate, at first it was a fight to get the thing attached - Mike
PatC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was hoping (and expecting) that the mount would become more usable after a little while. It does seem to be, but I'm not sure if it is loosening up a bit or simply that I'm getting used to it.
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys.
I too struggled to get it connected the first few times, kept thinking I was going to break something. Getting better now though.
Just for the record chaps, love the unit but hate the mount with a passion. I can forsee trouble ahead with all those tiny pins etc.
Gimme back a unit you can poke a USB lead straight into. As for all the plugs and sockets on the docking unit, you'd think they could have fitted them somewhere on the case, being just about the biggest unit on the market.

CeeJay.
steveJ
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup me too!!,

Had terrible probs with new mount. Go kept resetting every few hundred yards as the power went off.

Tried everything, wiggling the mount, supporting the Go on the dash, still no luck.

Took the Go back and exchanged it this morning, and the unit fits MUCH better and after a pretty long trip no problems.

Incidentally, I reloaded the Home software that came with my replacement Go910 and it's cured the problem with Home resetting during planning :D

Steve
pdriver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have similar problems with the mount. There seem to be a number of common snags, some of which are actual manufacturing faults. TomTom will I am sure have to rethink the mount

Here’s my list so far, maybe others will add to this…

- Tricky to fit and adjust.
- Vibration problems
- Doesn't connect properly and therefore can not charge.
- Difficult two handed manoeuvre to remove.

On the plus side, the mount has a small footprint and is barely visible to the user.
westentertainer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

took mine back for a replacment ,was coming loose from screen mount,will try new one and report back
AlanH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdriver wrote:
I have similar problems with the mount. There seem to be a number of common snags, some of which are actual manufacturing faults. TomTom will I am sure have to rethink the mount

Here’s my list so far, maybe others will add to this…

- Tricky to fit and adjust.
- Vibration problems
- Doesn't connect properly and therefore can not charge.
- Difficult two handed manoeuvre to remove.

On the plus side, the mount has a small footprint and is barely visible to the user.

Totally agree with all of the above - you need a small child with tiny hands to fit and remove my 510!
Bazza
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just take my windscreen out at night. It's much easier Laughing

Seriously I'm not experiencing any problems other than removing my 910 from the screen mount. I keep thinking I'm going to press the release button through the unit and out of the back. Maybe it's my manly approach that's the problem Laughing
AlanH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things that makes fitting to the car dock tricky for me is that the 510 is so slippery to hold - if it had a "rubberised" matt finish then it might be easier. On top of that, every time I pick up the 510, I switch it on. The on/off switch needs to be recessed. Oh, and the quality of the speaker isn't as good as my Classic. Other than that, it's fine Laughing
sraldous
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was doing this but someone on the MyTomtomforum web site helped me out and it is working fine now. There is a diamond shaped rubber thingy on the back ofyour go just above the connectors area. Pull this and remove it, my 910 now connects fine to the screen mount and works perfectly. Before it kept resetting etc. when it had a bad connection.
AlanH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll definitely try this tomorrow. Do find you need to press in the release catch on the front of the unit when mounting on the car dock? I've tried both ways, and still find it tricky to mount it successfully first time.
sraldous
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I don't have to press the release button to mount it. Just twist it on and good to go. Really happy with it now I got that figured out. It worked fine in the Home dock, just the screen mount it had an issue with.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: