Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REQUEST FOR PERMISION TO SPEAK FREELY
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REQUEST FOR PERMISION TO SPEAK FREELY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nej
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a fairly regular poster here, I must say I'm in agreement with Darren.

Personally, I don't find the new charges unfair, and I think that Pocketgpsworld has every right to censor somebody advertising a competeing product. It is akin to a Mercedez dealer driving one of his cars to the BMW showroom, parking it inside and telling the customers to look at his car instead. So far, they have been fair about it and left the posts.

I wish you success with your database, but I won't be using it myself.
davejh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nej wrote:
As a fairly regular poster here, I must say I'm in agreement with Darren.

Personally, I don't find the new charges unfair, and I think that Pocketgpsworld has every right to censor somebody advertising a competeing product. It is akin to a Mercedez dealer driving one of his cars to the BMW showroom, parking it inside and telling the customers to look at his car instead. So far, they have been fair about it and left the posts.

I wish you success with your database, but I won't be using it myself.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. and it is entirely up to you which database you use. However given the inevitably fact that the pocketgpsworld.com database will quickly become inaccurate due to the lack of future support and the lack of a workable model, I would suggest you give the free database a try if only to compare.

I would agree with Darren if this was meant to be an official sales Chanel for pocketgpsworld.com. but this is meant to be a forum of free speech and my ideas are aimed solely at the VERY MANY disgruntled members who do not agree with the pocketgpsworld.com charge. Many of those members who have contacted me about my ideas have previously contributed to the pocketgpsworld.com database. And I can tell you this for fact that almost all do not intend contribute in the future even though they get the database free. That tells you reams and reams. The fact that you don't mind paying for the database is irrelevant because you are firmly placed in the minority. Selling a product to your members, created by your members is a ludicrous idea and will mark the end of what was a great product. greed rears its ugly head yet again. Just another example of ripoff Britain.[/b]
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but you clearly have no idea what you are talking about and are making claims about the level of support we have that are grossly innacurate.

Usage of our database and the quantity and quality of reports has increased significantly in recent months, our announcement regarding the charge has not affected the number of reports, if anything we get more reports now.

The truth is that the vast majority are with us, it is a very very small percentage that do not wish to pay and that is of course their choice. I am completely confident that we will still be here in the months and years to come as will our database. Reports of its demise are very very premature.

Whilst I applaud free speech there is a limit when individuals are hell bent on deriding us or attempting to use this site as a soapbox on which to advertise their own efforts. As I have said, you have contributed nothing yet seem to think we owe you somehow? We don't.
davejh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put your money where your mouth is Darren. Create a forum poll. As for your level of support, we only have your word for that. The proof will be in the quality of the database a few months from now.

A forum poll would reveal the truth. But you wouldn't dare do that would you darren.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A forum poll would only be partaken by the the vocal minority. It would not reflect the silent majority. A fact you seem to have difficulty appreciating. If you wish to grandstand from now on, do it on your own forum.

Last edited by Darren on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
davejh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to think of it. If you did create a poll who would beleive the results were genuine anyway. THE DATBASE WILL REMAIN FREE was that not your famous saying. You conned everyone into creating the database and thats that. Its black and white. Who would trust you now. WHO
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, of course, damned if we do and damned if we don't. Perhaps you ought to spend more time doing rather than complaining.

So far all I see is a collection of lengthy missives promising lots yet I see no website and no likleyhood of a database in the near future.

Now I'm very busy, please feel free to go away.
davejh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Ah yes, of course, damned if we do and damned if we don't. Perhaps you ought to spend more time doing rather than complaining.

So far all I see is a collection of lengthy missives promising lots yet I see no website and no likleyhood of a database in the near future.

Now I'm very busy, please feel free to go away.

The thread is locked then not locked. please darren grow up. Answer a simple question.

Is this a forum or a sales channel for pocketgpsworld.com?

Darren wrote:
I see no website and no likleyhood of a database in the near future

Looking forward to seeing you eat your words. Laughing
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What it is not is a forum for you to recruit customers to yours. I think your posts indicate whose stance is juvenile here.
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davejh,

I'm sure you will soon find out how much time, effort and dedication it takes to produce a 100% perfect speed camera database, which, from your numerous posts, seems to be your aim.

If this is the case and you are so confident that you have a large loyal fanbase behind you, why are you wasting your time stirring things up in this forum?

As nej says, you must surely understand if the Admin Team object to you advertising your 'rival' product on their website - would you be willing for us to come and post on your website/forum about our database? The only difference here is that we are all far too busy to waste our time on such petty stirring, which I'm sure you will soon find out for yourself if your database takes off in the way that you anticipate.

I don't want to reignite this thread as I think everything has already been said on the matter, but I just wanted to point out the illogical side to your posting here - if your product already has "the VERY MANY" members of PGPSW, then what are you complaining about? Rolling Eyes

If I were you, I'd get busy working on your database - it sounds to me like you will have hundreds of ex-PGPSW members eagerly waiting for your finished product! Not Worthy Angel

Regards,

Bo Peep.
astrocompass
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davejh - joined Jan 2006, 18 posts, non-functioning web link.

Sorry buddy, I'm with Darren and Bo Peep on this one. I wish you well.
davejh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are a little mis guide with your rant.

Lets face the facts here. This is a forum, right? A forum is a place to put forward your own ideas and express ones opinion, right? I have an idea that I wanted to share with other interested members of this forum. To share my idea i have to talk about it, right? The fact that my idea clashes with pocketgpsworld.com's commercial aspirations should not come into it. AGAIN I reiterate “this is a forum” Unless pocketgpsworld.com regard this forum as a sales channel. It which case I would gladly refrain from any further comment.
davejh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astrocompass wrote:
davejh - joined Jan 2006, 18 posts, non-functioning web link.

Sorry buddy, I'm with Darren and Bo Peep on this one. I wish you well.

dont let any of that fool you buddy. Hope you booked marked the "non-functioning web link"
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davejh wrote:
Our own forum will be up shortly so there will be no need to discuss this topic any further here.

The quicker the better. Goodbye.......
davejh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocketgps wrote:
The quicker the better. Goodbye.......

Looks like the minority are out in force tonight

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: