Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - XDA - flaky to say the least
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

XDA - flaky to say the least

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: XDA - flaky to say the least Reply with quote

I have an XDA, and have been using it for about 2 months. My experiences have not been that great, and the soft re-boot is getting more use than any other feature.

Yesterday the display went T.U. When I switch it on all i get are lines, flashing of the backlight and then nothing! I have returned it to an O2 shop today, and have been told that a replacement would not be with me until the 2nd week in June. What is more annoying is that I had managed to get TomTom 2 working, and managed 1 hour of use before the XDA failed. . . . frustrating.

I complained about 3 weeks without my XDA, but nothing doing. Seems like they have had lots of problems, and the next shipment (with fixes) will not be in the country until the second week in June. I do not recall that in the sales brochure.

I would like to know if anyone else has had an bad (or good) experiences with the XDA?

Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: XDA - flaky to say the least Reply with quote

I'm not too sure about problems with the XDA as I've never used one, but one thing to be warey of is if you get a replacement within 7 days you won't be able to activate TomTom Navigator 2. TTN2 locks itself to the device of the Pocket PC. If you receive a replacement after 7 days you'll be able to install it onto another XDA.

Thought you should know this just in case it causes you problems on re-install.
pjpearce
Occasional Visitor

I have had an XDA for about 6 months now, and it worked fine as long as I dont't install generic 3rd party utilities (O2's work fine) else it lock ups/goes slow.

I am considering running TTN2 on it, now I am wary, it would be useful if anyone else running an XDA could provide their comments.

TimR
Occasional Visitor

I've been running and XDA with TTN2 on it for a few weeks. I don't have any problems. I used the European maps for a trip last week and it was a godsend. The only downside was the need to change maps to go from one country to another (Switzerland-France). Inevitably my journeys took me close to/across the map dividing lines. I could do with a shorter cable - it's a bit like spaghetti city on my dashboard. Generally I'm very pleased.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: