Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Fiat Blue&me TomTom Traffic?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Fiat Blue&me TomTom Traffic?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Earthdweller
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Fiat Blue&me TomTom Traffic? Reply with quote

I have just taken delivery of a Fiat punto Evo with the Blue&me TomTom and dashboard docking system.

Everything works well with synchronisation between the cars blue and me and the unit. Steering wheel controls of the sat nav and trip A,B and instant dispayed on the TomTom.

I have subscribed to Live services @£7.99 per month (for now) which updates the fuel prices and safety camers when docked to the PC. But I cant get any traffic data on the unit by any means at all.

Does anyone know what unit model this is? On the Tomtom site it identifies it as a 950/950 live.

On the device itself there is an icon to turn wireless data on or off so is it wireless?
There is also a Tomtom live icon which opens up a sub menu of Fuel, Cameras and Traffic but non of it works wirelessly and the traffic icon opens a dialogue which tells you to connect an RDS-TMC unit but there is no connection port for such a unit only the tomtom docking port.

So there doesnt seem any way to get Traffic at all on this device which is bad 'cos it cost £287. Even Copilot on my iphone gets traffic, fuel etc and that only cost £26.

I phoned Tomtom but they didnt know the answer and are going to escalate it but havent heard back yet. They told me to press the "My TomTom acount" button on the prefernces screen to activate services but there isnt one!

The only way I can update so far is by docking with my PC (TomTom Home) and that is only for fuel prices and safety cameras. (voices pictures icons etc)

Any help greatly appreciated thanks.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the root of the device will be a file called ttgo.bif can you attach that to an e-mail and send it to me as I would like to see what device this actually is then I can suggest a few questions for TTCS that you can ask - Mike

PS my e-mail button below this post works so use that address for any corespondance - Mike
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, when you are looking at the Version Information screen is there a button in the middle at the bottom that says 'Network'?

If there is it has a SIMCARD in it for LIVE Services, so should support HD Traffic.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As this is a 750 it should be a Live device but the 750 is also sold without Live services in countries where there is no support for such service.

This is a long shot but have you ever owned a TomTom device before and if so have you used the same e-mail address for the old device and this new BlueMe toy you have? - The e-mail address has to be different for each device you own, if you re-use an old one previously registered with TomTom the thing it will screw up are the Live services - Mike
Earthdweller
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies.

I did have Tomtom Navigator for smartphone and as the Tomtom web site knew my email address when I added this device to my account that could be it.

Question is how do I unlink it and set up a new email address for this device. There are no other products showing in my Tomtom profile (this Blue&me doesnt show either for that matter)

Re, Version and information screen and network button. I access this by pressing Status and information, that takes me to the version information button but that is all there is then, just the version information, no network button. The version information says 64MB ram but there is 4GB ram showing when connected to PC.

Should I try to set up a new email address or will I have to contact Tomtom to sort this now?

As far as I can see live would be the only way to get traffic data on this device.

Thanks for your help.
Earthdweller
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a reply from TomTom, this unit is not Live so the only way to get traffic is via a plug in RDS-TMC receiver which means you cant use the dasboard dock then. Not very good really as the whole point of purchasing the Blue and me tomtom system was the intergration. They will refund/cancel my Live subscription but that means I wont get fuel prices or camera updates!
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fuel prices and speed camera information from TomTom is not accurate. The fuel prices are hopelessly out of date and show garages that do not exist, and the speed camera information lacks many cameras and has many in it that do not exist.

You can get your cameras from this site and they are accurate. You can get free accurate fuel prices from www.petrolprices.com
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you have the non Live 750 it should accept a Bluetooth connection to your mobile phone for data, if this works (depending upon the phone and your mobile network) it should be possible to get access to the TomTom "Plus" services such as Traffic and weather via your mobile phone.

Weather is free and is a good way to find out its all working before spending any money on subscriptions, assuming weather works you could then subscribe for the GPRS Plus Traffic service, its better than RDS-TMC but not as good as HD Live Traffic - Mike
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't reaise the 950 supported data over bluetooth.

Odd how TT managed to sell a LIVE service through HOME to a non-LIVE device.

Can you connect to your PC and open the ttgo.bif file in notepad.

There is a section in there that describes the features - if you post that section here I am sure a helpful 950 owner will compare it to theirs to see if there are any feature differences.
Earthdweller
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy ttgo.bif file below thanks for your coments.

[TomTomGo]
DeviceName=TomTom Blue&Me TomTom
DeviceVersionHW=GO 750
DeviceSerialNumber=WI..............
DeviceUniqueID=AK.............
RamDiskVersion=20091104
BootLoaderVersion=55259
LinuxVersion=352246
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9010
ApplicationVersion=1808
UserLanguage=English UK
UserName=....................................
LastConnectionTime=Never
GPSFirmwareVersion=1.11.14 61777
BuiltInColorScheme0=Belgica
BuiltInColorScheme1=Brittanica
BuiltInColorScheme2=America
BuiltInColorScheme3=Germanica
BuiltInColorScheme4=Australia
BuiltInColorScheme5=Deuteranopia
BuiltInColorScheme6=Brasilia
BuiltInColorScheme7=Greys
BuiltInColorScheme8=Antarctica
BuiltInColorScheme9=Africa
BuiltInColorScheme10=Astra
BuiltInColorScheme11=Asia
CurrentColorSchemeBuiltIn=6
CurrentVoiceInfo=Kate
CurrentMap=Europe
CurrentMapVersion=845.2645
CurrentHomeLocation=....................
Traffic=N
CurrentFuelpricesType=6
CurrentFuelpricesTypeString=Unleaded
CurrentFuelpricesLastFullUpdate=1270199379
ValueRatio=A53gvrr2b128zHhE8g==
Features=PlusOrRDSTMCTraffic,PlusMobileSafetyCameras,PlusFixedSafetyCameras,PlusFuelPrices,
HDTraffic,PlusTripReporting,OnDevicePayments,HidRemote,HomeBackup,ASR,ASRCnC,TTS,
TTSCompressed,TTSLoquendo700,PhotoViewer,PhotoJPGViewer,PhotoBMPViewer,VoiceBrowser,
LinkVolumeToNoise,MapShare,Newyork,Itinerary,Caymann,Durham,Leeway,Handsfree,PhoneFeatures,
CarSymbol,ExtraSounds,UserSkin,RichPOI,FrequentDestinations,RDSTMC,Bluetooth,SDSlot,InternalFlash,
Microphone,SMSSupported,SupportGetAMap
SupportedPatchTypes=7F
NrSupportedErrorTypes=138
UserPatchDatVersion=102
CompressedPatchVersion=200
MapServerPatchDatVersion=105
DeletedPoiDatVersion=200
ServerLineIndexDatVersion=102
ServerNameIndexDatVersion=102
MapShareSupportedProviders=203
CharacterSet=Latin-1
VehicleBrand=Fiat
VehicleModel=Grande Punto Evo
VehicleOptions=

Edit to resolve line length - Mike Alder
Earthdweller
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike. Phone is iphone so may have problems there. Also the phone is bluetoothed to the car unit for hands free calls and the TT is bluetoothed to the car for trip functions and low fuel alert. So is it possible with bluetooth to complete the triangle and link the phone to the TT as well without confusing the system? I'll give it a try.

Shame all this because the idea is if you run low on fuel, the car lets the TT know (it does this) which alerts driver and then asks if you want guidence to petrol station where you should be able to choose station with lowest prices. As I'm a bit of a gadget freak I'll admit this influenced me to buy the car so its disappointing its not working. My iphone Copilot is much better and cost me £26 versus £287 (ouch) for the Blue&me Tomtom which doesnt work. COpilot has weather, live search, live link, traffic, fuel and cameras.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earthdweller wrote:
Hi Mike. Phone is iphone so may have problems there.

Lets change that may have problems to you do have a problem!
The iPhone cannot be used for a data connection as it doesn't support the Bluetooth DUN profile which the TomTom requires for the data connection - Dont waste your time messing around trying to get the data connection working as it won't work with that phone.

To be honest I would phone TomTom up and ask them to resolve the Fuel Prices issue on your device, a phone call is often quicker than messing around with e-mails (0845 161 0009) if they can't resolve it send it back and get a full refund, its about time users started using their rights when it comes to products that either don't work as advertised or have been loaded with incorrect software. At the end of the day its not your fault that it doesn't do what it says on the tin - Mike
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

Is the features section of the ttgo.bif the same as your 950?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No its quite different:

Features=PlusDownloadDynamic,PlusDownloadGeneral,PlusDownloadMap,
PlusDownloadPOI,PlusDownloadScheme,PlusDownloadUpgrade,
PlusDownloadVoice,PlusDownloadRingTone,PlusMessageNotification,
PlusForceMessageNotification,PlusPushChannel,PlusTraffic,
PlusOrRDSTMCTraffic,PlusWeather,PlusEphemeris,PlusMobileSafetyCameras,
PlusRoadConditions,PlusFixedSafetyCameras,PlusFuelPrices,HDTraffic,
,TrackMe,PlusTripReporting,
OnDevicePayments,HidRemote,HomeBackup,GPRSEngine,
VoiceRecording,ASR,ASRCnC,TTS,TTSCompressed,TTSLoquendo700,
PhotoViewer,PhotoJPGViewer,PhotoBMPViewer,VoiceBrowser,
LinkVolumeToNoise,MapShare,Newyork,Itinerary,Caymann,
Durham,Leeway,Handsfree,PhoneFeatures,CarSymbol,ExtraSounds,
UserSkin,RichPOI,FrequentDestinations,InternalModem,RDSTMC,
Bluetooth,SDSlot,InternalFlash,Microphone,SMSSupported,
SupportGetAMap,LiveServices

- Mike
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lack of HDTraffic and InternalModem confirms it does not support LIVE Services.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: