Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 3 and Glasgow
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 3 and Glasgow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhilipOH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: TomTom 3 and Glasgow Reply with quote

Anyone use the software in the Glasgow area - are the maps accurate regarding streets, busy junctions etc?
ali
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used tomtom2 in Glasgow about 1 month ago, it certainly helped me when I ignored tomtom's original route.

I actualy got in the wrong lane and could not move across to the correct lane so just had to go with the flow of traffic, TT re-routed and got me to my destination without any probs.

It was maybe a little vague down around the SECC none of the carparks were shown, and the retail park at Ikea was also a little vague but it got me there and once you have a visual it really was no problem, hopefully TT3 will have these areas updated.

Can't comment on TT3 as I am still awaiting my copy.
chrisloco
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Tom Tom 3, departing from Glasgow every day without problems.

I have had it for two weeks and visit around 3 clients every day.

It has been very accurate, even on busy junctions and one way streets of Glasgow City Centre.

A couple of recently (few months) bollarded areas in the south side are unknown to TT, which tells me to 'turn left' anyway, but I just ignore, continue straight on and it immediately recalculates before I get to the next set of traffic lights.

I would say that it is unaware of around 5% of these, but when you consider that if you ignore it will re-plan, then they are not a problem.

I can say that TT3 is an excellent investment. I was actually surprised at how detailed TT actually is, even showing motorway slip roads, and cul-de-sacs perfectly.

If you think you'll use it at least once a day then it's well worth the money.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: