Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Great_Britain_Plus just appeared on my 930T
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Great_Britain_Plus just appeared on my 930T

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crowman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Great_Britain_Plus just appeared on my 930T Reply with quote

I've just plugged my 930T into the PC, first time in a few months. It did it's updates and in the process, downloaded the Great_Britain_Plus map (about 200Meg).

I already have the US and WE maps as standard on my 930T.

When I go to switch to this map it requires activation. I know my device code, but I can't find the product code anywhere.

My main question is, should I be using this map pack or stick to my normal WE maps?

If I should be switching, how can I activate it? The TT website says I should be able to see the map product code from inside TT Home2, but I'll be blowed if I can find it!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Map activations are handled automatically by TomTom Home, I don't know why the Home software has decided to download and install an inferior map to your device! Although TomTom Home software isn't the most reliable application to be honest nothing surprises me anymore when you hear of the strange things it does.

If you need the space on the 930 take the UK map of the device, it is of no use to you without the activation code, you haven't lost the product code, there never was one in the first place. - Just use the Western and Central Europe map rather than messing around trying to get something working that probably shouldn't have been downloaded in the first place - Mike
crowman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah - fair enough. I just wanted clarification that this wasn't a new version of the GB maps that supersedes my WE maps.

Thanks!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can check the version of the Western Europe map by tapping the sat strength meter then the version box, to check the GB&ROI map open the map folder using Windows Explorer and find the file named "United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland.pna" file, right click this and select open with / Notepad or WordPad and it will reveal the map version number - is there a difference?

The number you are looking for in the pna file is the one in red:

ID=United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland.pna
586693XYZ
build=1802
id=166XYZ

- Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good example of why you should have Home set to SHOW you the updates but not automatically download them.

This bug of offering old maps has been mentioned several times elsewhere in the forums (it's a problem with the Home servers I believe).
Always check the list of possible updates BEFORE you agree to any downloads.
crowman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I did notice it was available for download. However, the list did not specify that it was an old map. I saw something 'new' appear on the list and just assumed it was there because I needed it. Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: