Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Reverted TT One V3 To 7.162 - How do I get my Setting Back?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Reverted TT One V3 To 7.162 - How do I get my Setting Back?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spcdust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reverted TT One V3 To 7.162 - How do I get my Setting Back? Reply with quote

Due to Tom Tom closing the Itinerary Planning loop hole on Navcore 8 I've just reverted my Tom Tom back to 7.162. However I have now lost all my personal POI settings (basically the speed camera warnings distances). Which file do I need to drag over from a backup to get all my personal setting restored on my device.

Many thanks in advance

spcdust
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand to be corrected but I believe the mapsettings.cfg file is the one you need.
spcdust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
I stand to be corrected but I believe the mapsettings.cfg file is the one you need.

Thanks for your prompt reply, unfortunately that didn't do the trick (or I'm doing something wrong).

Basically I have different distances and warning sounds for my speed camera POI's and cannot face the prospect of tapping them all in again and I know I have read some where that one particular file contains this information.

Anyone else have any idea?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The file mentioned by dhn is the correct one, but you would have to copy it to the device from a back up made after you configured the warnings, there is no real option other than configuring them again, it doesn't take too long, full speed zoned can be accomplished in under 5 minutes (with practice).

A couple of tips to make this job easier (and faster):
When you select Warn When Near POI instead of scrolling through the entire list type PO and the device will only list the POI files beginning with these letters (the speed cameras start PO)
For distance, if its a 30MPH camera use 300 yards, for 50 use 500, and for 70MPH use 700, these are easy to remember values that equate to around a 25 second duration between the warning be spoken and passing the actual camera assuming you are at, or just below the speed limit. For mobiles add 50% to the above figures - Mike
spcdust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers dhn and mike for your help. The mapsettings.cfg file I am using is from my most recent back-up with all the changes I have made to the POIS's. However this back-up is one done since my device was upgraded to Navcore 8, now that I've downgraded to 7.162 maybe this makes a difference (although I suspect it should have no bearing.

Oh well, looks like I'll do it the manual method Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Many thanks

spcdust
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There ARE subtle differences in the format of MapSettings.cfg between versions.

If, from now on, you do Windows Explorer (not Home) backups before and after you do anything you will always be able to get back to what you want.

It's boring, it's time consuming, but it solves so many problems before they get to *be* a problem.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: