Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Where are Mapshare corrections saved?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Where are Mapshare corrections saved?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Where are Mapshare corrections saved? Reply with quote

I restored to factory settings in an attempt to get speech recognition working. I found that doing that had removed all the mapshare corrections I had made. I have selected "Corrections I made myself" as one of my options, but it hasn't updated my map with my corrections, although it did update several hundred correction altogether.

I live in Guernsey, which only has basic mapping in that the roads are all marked and correctly identified mostly but no one-way or prohibited streets are shown, so I spent quite a long time doing the corrections. I hoped they were in Mapsettings.cfg but copying it in from my backup didn't work. Does anyone know if there is another file I should copy in please?

A warning for anyone coming to Guernsey with their TomTom, if you have it set to warn when in countries where they drive on the right, it will give you that warning. But we drive on the left, and the maps do go round the roundabouts the right way. It's just the warnings that are wrong.
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Guernsey Reply with quote

Don't know if I'll be needing maps when I visit in August. Got a yacht race from Poole during the first week-end. But I will take my updated 520T to try it out. It may be useful.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you've got the 720 map
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Guernsey Reply with quote

Calomax wrote:
As long as you've got the 720 map

Yes..got it on my 4Gb card
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are Mapshare corrections saved? Reply with quote

Calomax wrote:
I restored to factory settings in an attempt to get speech recognition working. I found that doing that had removed all the mapshare corrections I had made.

Does anyone know if there is another file I should copy in please?

Try MapUserPatch.dat from a backup.... (and report back if it works!! Smile )
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seems to be the right file Andy thanks Smile . I've tried all the different MapUserPatch.dat files from my backups and they all change the map corrections on my map. Unfortunately I don't seem to have the important one containing all my corrections Crying or Very sad so either they aren't all saved in there - Unlikely - or I didn't backup just before I did the return to factory settings Embarassed .

Once I made several corrections this time, I'll back it up and try renaming it or removing it and I'll let you know what happens.
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Where are Mapshare corrections saved? Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:

Try MapUserPatch.dat from a backup.... (and report back if it works!! Smile )

Would it then be possible to copy a MapUserPatch.dat from say. UK and RoI map to a Western Europe map.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Where are Mapshare corrections saved? Reply with quote

stuart wrote:

Would it then be possible to copy a MapUserPatch.dat from say. UK and RoI map to a Western Europe map.

Dunno... If you've got both, then I reckon you're the man to ask! Very Happy

Make sure you've got everything properly backed up and give it a try.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, That wasn't terribly successful. I made quite a lot of corrections today. Then I changed MapUserPatch.dat to MapUserPatch1.dat and, as I expected, there were no corrections showing on my map. Then I changed its name back again, having deleted the new MapUserPatch.dat that was created when I tested it.

But many of my corrections are now missing. Mostly, I think, the ones I made today. So although it does seem to be the right file, I wouldn't rely on copying it back to an updated map. On the other hand, there would be nothing to lose by trying it when you upgrade a map.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: