Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - M56 SPECS cameras - database error
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

M56 SPECS cameras - database error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gareth71
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: M56 SPECS cameras - database error Reply with quote

I e-mailied PGPSW with these corrections a few weeks back, but they don't seem to have made it into the latest databas release so I thought it was worth posting here to let people know about them.

The two western-most SPECS cameras in the M56 roadworks around J12 are shown on the wrong carriageways (and therefore don't register a warning if "Warn only if on route" is selected"). SPECS 17616 should be on the eastbound carriageway (not the westbound as shown), and SPECS 17610 should be on the westbound carriageway (it's currently incorrectly shown as being on the eastbound).

There's also an extra SPECS camera on the eastbbound exit slip at J12 to catch people exiting on that junction who would otherwise avoid the second set of eastbound cameras on the main carriageway, which are located just after the exit.

As I said, just thought I'd post this here to keep people up to date until the updates filter through into the database.
DeeSee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gareth71

I sent in all the SPECS at that location back in May including details of SPECS on the on/off ramps. I posted about things not being updated in July.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=43511&highlight=

Since the next time I pass that way the SPECS won't be there (I was on hol. at the time) I wasn't that fussed about ensuring they are updated.

Perhaps now you have commented (and sent them in) they will be made correct.

DeeSee
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need to notify the site of updates please use THIS Page to ensure the data submitted gets to the correct person, a post in the forum giving updates is more more likely to be missed by those who work on the database - Thanks Mike
gareth71
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
If you need to notify the site of updates please use THIS Page to ensure the data submitted gets to the correct person, a post in the forum giving updates is more more likely to be missed by those who work on the database

I did submit them via the camera submission form. They still didn't make it into the update, tho!
;)
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toché!

Seriously, don't you guys think this is getting worrying....
Almost every post at the moment is concerning cameras that are either reported but not making it onto the database, or far worse, disappearing from the database when they are still there. Is the number of false or incorrect submissions getting much worse suddenly?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: