Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Just Purchased Navman icn720 & T1 module
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Just Purchased Navman icn720 & T1 module

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mroebuck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Just Purchased Navman icn720 & T1 module Reply with quote

Hi all

I have to say that I am very impressed with this piece of kit. I used to run a Ipaq with TT5 but decided that I needed a dedicated navigation system for the car and keep the Ipaq for the office.

After a couple of dozen fairly short journeys the 720 has shown itself to be spot on accurate and very timely with the voice commands which is something that used to gripe me with TT5.

The T1 module is superb and picks up a signal instantly as does the GPS even though the car I drive as a heat reflective windscreen.

My wife and I are travelling down to Devon (Tavistock) in the morning from West Yorks so this should be a good test for both systems!!

I'll let you know how we get on!!

I must also add that the speed camera as well as other POI’s was a breeze to put on using the SmartST software that comes with the unit!

Thanks
Ray999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like the new toy :D
I've been using an iCN520 for a couple of weeks now, can't believe the features for the £160 price tag. GPS lock is ultra quick, and I can even get a signal inside the house! Every route has been spot on, and the avoid area option is great. My old iCN 620 is still going strong as well, even though it's the size of a brick compaired to the iCN 520.
mroebuck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again - safely back from Devon!!

The 720 performed flawlessly during the trip. I have to say that I think the voice messages are timelier than TomTom. Sometimes with TomTom I found that I was too close to a junction to turn by the time I was told, this was NOT the case with the 720.

The T1 module was a little less successful - but it was with week or no signal the unit itself was NOT at fault. On the way there and back there are huge tracts of the M5 with signal black spots!!

Altogether I am very pleased with my new toy and am looking forwards to using it again on a long run!

I found the camera function very useful too – I now have a large database of good restaurants on Dartmoor. I would never have found these again without the camera and a good photo.
ronnie11
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the imformation i recently bought the icn530 but had lots of problems ie freezeing up etc i took it back the other day & added a few more pound's in exchange for the 720 its the best thing i ever did.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: