Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - mio 268 voices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

mio 268 voices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: mio 268 voices Reply with quote

how can I change the german woman's voice warning me of 'Danger Zone Ahead' to a more normal Speed camera warning?

I've got POIWarner running and that's about it as far as experience with gps is concerned Laughing Out Loud 8O

many thanks in advance
Draig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody???

Sad Sad Sad
PompeyDave68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: mio 268 voices Reply with quote

Draig wrote:
how can I change the german woman's voice warning me of 'Danger Zone Ahead'

Just consider yourself lucky that she doesn't say "Listen very carefully, I shall say ziz only once" first!!!!

Wink Laughing Wink

** Update**

Actually, I grew to hate it!!!
Tom Tom Go!!! Much better now!!!!!
micke_011
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: mio 268 voices Reply with quote

PompeyDave68 wrote:
Draig wrote:
how can I change the german woman's voice warning me of 'Danger Zone Ahead'

Just consider yourself lucky that she doesn't say "Listen very carefully, I shall say ziz only once" first!!!!

Wink Laughing Wink

Laughing Laughing hilarious! i soo want that on my gps unit! not. maybe not as an obvious joke to our german friends here on the forum though 8)
micke_011
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<doh> german?? what the heck was i thinking? french.. french! i know. i really would like to see an "edit post" kind of thing on this board..still hilaroious tho!
PompeyDave68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop it! Stupid Laughing

Merry Xmas

** Update**

Actually, I grew to hate it!!!
Tom Tom Go!!! Much better now!!!!!
Lee_g3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could do with the same as you Draig, it does get slightly annoying I must admit.

However, I don't think there is anyway of accessing these files, I assume that they are sync'd directly with the onboard 64MB RAM from the POIHandler website. Maybe the only way would be to ask POIHandler to rerecord these messages, not sure if they have a forum?
Madmouse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing the default POI warner voices is impossible to do...the only way I found around was to find some WAV files (available with speed camera database from this very site!) copy the wav files over to a folder on your SD card of your 268 then start up poi warner look to into overlay settings make sure everythings ticked then go into audio settings you should find options for changing the Default setting to telling poi warner where you stored wav files on the sd card...it's a little confusing but if you need help & some wav files email me & i'll happily explain step by step...it is pretty easy even for a tecno dunce like myself!! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Lee_g3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Madmouse. I can see what you mean about loading up a different wave file to the Mio, when I go into the Accoustic Warning section, I can then choose a different file, although it seems to automatically scan all locations for *.wav files, so hopefully it will also look at the SD card.

However, I am having problems finding the wave files, I downloaded the Speed Camera Database from the site here, but it doesn't seem to contain any wave files, could you please post the url for the location of these files. I can then try to get rid of these funny 'Allo 'Allo voices, with its "Upcoming Danger Zone" Rolling Eyes
Madmouse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Mio 268 voices Reply with quote

I'd been in the same situation myself....but thanks to some kind help pointed to AMN GPS4 website (Big thanks to the hard work they do) download the audio pack & copy across to your sd card..then go into poi warner audio settings and just select each POI you need sounds for & tell the software where you stored the new wav files...and its goodbye scary german lady!!

audio files available here

http://www.amngps4.wanadoo.co.uk/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Lee_g3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmouse you are a star. 8)

I downloaded the sound files from the AMN GPS4 website as you said, and then added them to my SD card. Found that I had to put the files in one of the existing folders on the SD card, otherwise the Mio wouldn't see them, but could create a sub-folder under the installations folder, and it could read them all.

I no longer have some strange warning messages coming up, it all sounds very British now. :D
Madmouse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

happy to help Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: