Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navicore Europe Map?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navicore Europe Map?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nords
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Navicore Europe Map? Reply with quote

From this press release:

http://www.navicore.fi/navicore/uutiset_ja_tapahtumat/Arkisto/en_GB/germany_release_cebit_100305

it indicates that a single 'Europe' map will be released in the future. Does anyone know any more? I have decided on Navicore and will be buying for the P910i this week however...... TT5 is a UK map isn't it? How does TT do Europe?

Cheers all![/url]
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom have detailed 'country' maps and a less detailed Major Roads of Europe (MRE) mapset that allows you to route across frontiers.

Obviously a detailed Europe map woudl require more than a Gigabyte of storage so its possible that Navicore are considering a mapset similar to the MRE.

I'm awaiting a copy of Navicore's UIQ version. It works great on my 6600 and it will be nice to see it on a bigger screen.
Nords
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't it your review of Navicore is the last edition? I think I have settled on Navicore over Tomtom and will order this weekend. I'll do a review once I have played around with it a bit.
Nords
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah-ha! Just to confirm what Darren mentioned......

Quote:
Upgrade maps will be sold on preinstalled 256 MB memory cards (Benelux 128 MB) and they will cover one region at a time. The recommended retail price of single area map is 159 €.

Those wishing to travel in multiple countries can purchase a special Europe-DVD (availability July 2005) package that covers all of the Western European countries. The Europe-DVD package includes a DVD disc from which user can install the selected areas to the 256 MB memory card bundled in the package.

I wonder how much the European DVD will be???
pede
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nords wrote:

I wonder how much the European DVD will be???

at the Finnish webstore verkkokauppa.com (they are big retailers in Finland, unfortunately the site is only in Finnish; but you asked about prices) an European DVD (update) is 216.90 €. This is only the European maps to use when you already have a Navicore license.

Navicore Europe 2005 S60/S80+GPS+256MB DV RS-MMC is 394.90 €. This is the full pack. Navicore license, memorycard, bluetooth GPS, European maps on DVD. The same withoput the GPS module is 264.90 €

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: