Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 5 Maps Of Western Europe
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 5 Maps Of Western Europe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: TomTom 5 Maps Of Western Europe Reply with quote

Can anyone confirm if the new Maps Of Western Europe (V5) are generic or specific to a particular TomTom product, ie will there be multiple versions, one for Navigator & another for GO. Or can I buy the GO Maps Of Western Europe knowing they will work with Navigator V5.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that with this version you buy maps. Period. You can then use your (map) product key with any device - Go, PPC, Smartphone, Palm, UIQ, Desktop. I've tested this and was able to use the same product key for the Smartphone (TTM5) and the emulator (TTN5)

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks :D. I was going to ask that question. That since I will get the full maps of Europe with my TTNav5 upgrade I was wondering if I could also use them with TT5 Mobile, looks like the answer is yes? :D
Gadjet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to labour the point but I'm still a bit confused, when I placed my order for the upgrade I used my product key for my UK version and it said that if I had another product key I should use the same process again.

Does that mean I have to pay 59 Euro for each upgrade, my UK version and my German version?

Reading the upgrade blurb on the tomtom site I assumed I would get all the maps of western europe..... so I only entered the UK code.

To further confuse the issue, due to problems with the internet I ended up with 3 upgrade orders and one confirmation.... %$%**%$
johnmar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to the fun/confusion:

I have just been down the upgrade trail. I have two product codes, one for TTN3 UK programme and maps and one for Maps of Western Europe (TTN3) purchased last year.

As 'suggested' in the upgrade dialogue I entered both product codes and was presented with a shopping cart for 2 upgrades at €59 = €118 plus costs. Needless to say I re-processed with only one product code, the UK main package. This will now give me TTN5 UK programme/maps with integration of major European Roads, plus street level seprate maps for Western Europe as extended to Poland etc.

As a test (witout processing) if I enter the product code for my TTN3 Maps of Western Europe, this seems to give me exactly the same upgrade as above, also for €59 + costs. So I can get an additional TTN5 full product plus European street level maps for €69. This could be kept as an additional package or sold (unopened and unregistered) for say £150 (assuming that the software only version of TTN5 plus Europe will sell for approx £200). This would more than cover both upgrade costs.

Asuming I am correct, this does redress the balance of effectively paying twice for the same product.

Question Question Question

iPAQ3830 (32MB) PPC2002 ROM 1.20
CF Expansion Pack
Holux GR-213 GPS Mouse (GSW3.1.1 -3.1.00.07 C23B1.00)
Kingston Elite Pro 1 GB CF Card for maps
Viking 512MB SD Card (not used for navigating)
TTNav 5.210 (5430) Maps of W Europe
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnmar wrote:
Just to add to the fun/confusion:

I have just been down the upgrade trail. I have two product codes, one for TTN3 UK programme and maps and one for Maps of Western Europe (TTN3) purchased last year.

As 'suggested' in the upgrade dialogue I entered both product codes and was presented with a shopping cart for 2 upgrades at €59 = €118 plus costs. Needless to say I re-processed with only one product code, the UK main package. This will now give me TTN5 UK programme/maps with integration of major European Roads, plus street level seprate maps for Western Europe as extended to Poland etc.

As a test (witout processing) if I enter the product code for my TTN3 Maps of Western Europe, this seems to give me exactly the same upgrade as above, also for €59 + costs. So I can get an additional TTN5 full product plus European street level maps for €69. This could be kept as an additional package or sold (unopened and unregistered) for say £150 (assuming that the software only version of TTN5 plus Europe will sell for approx £200). This would more than cover both upgrade costs.

Asuming I am correct, this does redress the balance of effectively paying twice for the same product.

Question Question Question

I had the same thought as I own both 2 copies of ttn3 (one un-opened) and one of Europe Maps.. So I could sell it for £100 a pop each for the additional 2 copies... I could even buy myself the upgrade and a new GPS! Twisted Evil

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: