Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ipaq 1710 & ViaMichelin v4 software install issues
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ipaq 1710 & ViaMichelin v4 software install issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tisque
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: ipaq 1710 & ViaMichelin v4 software install issues Reply with quote

Help. I have a ipaq 1710, recently bought a Kirrio gps cradle & an sd card with ViaMichelin v4 on from ebay. I cannot get the software to install. the pda is connected to the PC but get the following error -

"an error occurred while transferring the file. Please make sure that your PDA is well connected, and in the right state for the transfer"

Any ideas??

If I cant get this SD card/ software to work, are there any other software solutions I can try that will work with the hardware I have?

Many thanks for any help,

T
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tisque, First of all lets get the silly questions out the way,

1/ How are you connecting the PDA to the computer, I take it you are using a cable from the PDA to the computer USB port.
2/How are you transfering the softwear, with active sync.
3/Have you got the softwear on a disc, you will need mapstore and POi manager, and active sync, which is also on the disk.
4/Is the SD card the original, or a copy.
5/Are you trying to install Mitchelin, from the SD card to your PDA, if so, you don't need to connect the PDA with the PC.
6/Are you trying to install Mitchelin, from the SD card to the PC, if so, I don't think you can, you install Mitchelin from the disc to PC, then transfer it to the PDA with Avtive sync.

You can install Mitchelin to the PDA from the SD card, but it is better to install it on the PC FIRST, from the disc, then it will ask if you want to transfer it to the PDA.

Let us know what you have, and what you are doing, and we will try and sort it out.
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw the second part of your question, TomTom will work on your PDA/Kirrio hardwear, but the built in amplifier/speaker on the cradle, will not work, and you need to change the COMM settings or something, there are threads on here about it, just do a search.

As for Ebay, some people may use it without any trouble, but there are so many people trying to rip you off, (Hope you have the original SD card and discs), a mate of mine bought a car CD player for £80 that didn't work, went through all the official channels, they sided with the seller, who said it was ok when he sold it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: