Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - K700, b/t gps & Ipaq PPC2002
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

K700, b/t gps & Ipaq PPC2002

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davidb67
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: K700, b/t gps & Ipaq PPC2002 Reply with quote

I've just upgraded my mobile on orange to K700 (from V600) and discovered that unlike my T610, Bluetooth Modem cannot be manually set on the iPaq once it's paired.
After about 1 hour with Orange's data team, some senior guy confirmed that SonyEricsson have modified the profile on the K700 (doing a Nokia now are they) and the only way to get the iPaq to use the K700 as a bluetooth modem is to delete ALL pairings I have on the iPaq, and enter just the one new one - the K700, it will then work, but it will fail again if i try and add more pairings - like my B/T GPS for instance!!!
I've got the K700 running with my iPaq using old fashioned I/R for email purposes, but I'm not happy!
Fair enough, my fault for not checking that aspect of the K700 BEFORE i upgraded, but (incorrectly) I assumed that like my 3 previous SonyEricssons with Bluetooth, that the K700 (which i viewed as an update of the T610/T630) would be no different....

Anyone else got this combo and come up with a workaround?
is the same issue there with Windows Mobile 2003 (might force me to upgrade pocket PC finally).

David
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what you have been told is utter crap - at least from my experience the phone is not the problem (from experience I would not rely on the orange tech staff for advice).

I have an ipaq 2210 with the following paired:

haicom bt gps
world-ex bt 77 gps
sony K700i
sony t630
moto v500
main pc (for bt active sync)

All 3 phones are paired with the ipaq and a moto bt headset.

I use one of the gps's every day driving to work and then basically have my ipaq connected to one of the phones (mostly the k700i) to check my email and surf the net - normally just the bbc.co.uk mobile site.

I have had no problem connecting the k700i to orange for data via the ipaq at all.

the problem is therefore not the k700i but could be your ipaq.

One big difference is that on the k700i I have to dial *99# and enter z in the additional string command box on the ipaq to get a gprs connection.

HTH

Ian
Davidb67
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian, your iPaq 2210 running WinMobile 2003? if so, think that could be my problem, still on PPC2002 on my 3970......
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you set profiles on the ipaq?

If so could you set one up just with the phone in it? - not that this helps if you want to use traffic.

I don't think I've seen anyone else with this issue - ae there any updates from hp? (there have been 3 or 4 for my ipaq - one spefically about pairing - the nokia issue I think)

good luck

Ian
Wilko
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had problems getting my 2210 to connect to GPRS using the K700i and bluetooth on o2. There was a different string of letters that I had to enter to get it to work. I've since upgraded the firmware using a dss-25 syncstation and the free Sony Ericsson update service on their site and now it pairs and connects without even having to enter an extra command string in advanced settings

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13938&highlight=k700i
Davidb67
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilko, what firmware version you on with your K700??
Wilko
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its on R2AE now

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: