Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GO 520 won't pair with iPhone for handsfree
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GO 520 won't pair with iPhone for handsfree

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ForbiddenFruit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: GO 520 won't pair with iPhone for handsfree Reply with quote

It always used to Rolling Eyes but since I last updated the unit with TomTom Home a week or so ago it won't give me handsfree with my iPhone.

Oddly, since the update, every time I turn the unit on I get a little message flashing up on the top right hand corner of the 520 telling me that 'bluetooth is now enabled'.

I have tried deleting the pairing from both devices and repairing but it's not making any difference. I really need my handsfree back!

Has anyone had a similar issue and got round it?

Sarah
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried deleting the phone from the TT and the TT from the phone then reset the TomTom before creating the pairing again? - Mike
ForbiddenFruit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I reset the TomTom and will I lose favourites, speed camera databases etc?

Sorry, being horribly dim Rolling Eyes Laughing
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look on the base of the device and you will find a hole labeled "Reset" give that a prod with a pin or similar, you won't lose any settings doing this - Mike
ForbiddenFruit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The magical reset button worked. Thanks Mike Very Happy
ForbiddenFruit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForbiddenFruit wrote:
The magical reset button worked. Thanks Mike Very Happy

Well, it did work - for about 1 hour.

Got in the car yesterday morning. Bluetooth ok on phone. Tom flashes up the message 'bluetooth is now enabled' as it starts up (by the way - is this new or had I just not noticed it before Question ). It doesn't connect to the phone for handsfree. Worst of all, Tom doesn't tell me it can't connect so I didn't realise until someone called me en route.

Surely I don't have to go through the 'delete phone from Tom, delete Tom from phone, reset' scenario everytime I've turned the unit off Shocked
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like exactly the issue I had with my iPhone and a Vodaphone branded bluetooth handsfree unit. I had to pair it every single time so I think it may be an iPhone issue rather than a Tomtom one.
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TomTom shows, after a while, a phone with a line through to show it doesn't have a phone connection. I've not tried hands free on the iPhone since getting an ioPlay, but are you sure there are no other bluetooth devices that may be stealing the phone's bluetooth? I know the ioPlay pairs with the first of its known devices, and then doesn't talk to another (until that one has gone). Maybe the TomTom is doing the same?
ForbiddenFruit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calomax wrote:
That sounds like exactly the issue I had with my iPhone and a Vodaphone branded bluetooth handsfree unit. I had to pair it every single time so I think it may be an iPhone issue rather than a Tomtom one.

Hmmm I wonder. I wasn't having this problem until the software on the iPhone upgraded to Version 3. I've been blaming it on the Tom but maybe it's the iPhone. I might do a crosspost to the iPhone board.

Thanks Calomax
ForbiddenFruit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matthewj wrote:
The TomTom shows, after a while, a phone with a line through to show it doesn't have a phone connection. I've not tried hands free on the iPhone since getting an ioPlay, but are you sure there are no other bluetooth devices that may be stealing the phone's bluetooth? I know the ioPlay pairs with the first of its known devices, and then doesn't talk to another (until that one has gone). Maybe the TomTom is doing the same?

Neither the phone or the Tom are showing as finding any other bluetooth device. In fact, even with the bluetooth on and discoverable on the iPhone, the Tom always indicates it can't find any bluetooth devices Confused
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I may have mislead you before. I had never tried to connect my iPhone to the TT before but tried it yesterday and it connected fine, since when it connects automatically with no problem, and my iPhone is on v3 software,
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May or may not be helpful, my my iPhone works perfectly with my 740.
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes my sony erricson doesn't conect but as it is already paired I just click on the mobile phone button then on the 750i button and it connects.
NA 2GB v8.45
meryvn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoppy wrote:
Sometimes my sony erricson doesn't conect but as it is already paired I just click on the mobile phone button then on the 750i button and it connects.

I also get this sometimes with a SE C510, if pressing the phone button doesn't work try disabling Bluetooth and the enabling it. I think sometimes it forgets to turn Bluetooth on but thinks it has.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: