Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 540 Live - Loaded PGPS cameras & voices - lost Kate
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

540 Live - Loaded PGPS cameras & voices - lost Kate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: 540 Live - Loaded PGPS cameras & voices - lost Kate Reply with quote

Hi, have recently loaded the PGPS camera database onto my 540 Live and assigned the .ogg voice files to the cameras.
Tried it for the first time today and all camera announcements were perfect.
Problem is that Kate is in a 'huff' and not speaking to me any more i.e. no directions. She's still in the menu and selected but absolutely not speaking!

Any suggestions?

(Incidentally HD traffic worked a treat this morning recognising a small (unavoidable) hold up instantly and bringing me into the office a slightly different way because of another bigger hold up)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try resetting the device, on the x40 units you do this by pressing and holding down the on/ off switch until the device plays the drum roll and boots up, typically around 30 to 40 seconds - Mike
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that got her going again, thank you, couldn't shut her up on the way home Laughing

but.......... I notice the speed camera warnings seem to be quite a bit quieter than the directions given by Kate i.e. at 25% vol setting Kate typically ( see below) booms out her commands but you then struggle to hear the camera warnings moments later.

I have also noticed that the 'adjust vol to noise level' function doesn't seem to work very well, she seems to have a mind of her own when giving directions, loud one moment and much quieter the next and at the same background noise volume!

I also noticed driving along some familiar roads today that she doesn't appear to pronounce the words quite so well as the 720 did e.g. on the 720 she clearly said 'WhArf Road' where as on the 540 it's more WhOrf' road'.. Confused

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: