Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Trouble instaling Custom POI's on TT One V3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble instaling Custom POI's on TT One V3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a2z
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Trouble instaling Custom POI's on TT One V3 Reply with quote

Hi All,

Had to upgrade by PDA based TT Navigator 6 as it was not orange juice proof.

Just bought a TT one V3 Europe. On my last system I had an .ov2 file and .bmp icon for them listing all the sites I have to visit. I created this via a postcode search off an excel spreadsheet via MS autoroute and then converted from .axe to .ov2 using "POI Converter".

Copied these files over to my new system, into the Western Europe Map folder. It is recognised on the POI list but there are no icons on the map (I used to browse the map for the icon of a site and then navigate to that point). I also try to navigate to a POI and it stated that there are no POI's present.

So....

Have I copied the files to the corrct folder?
Has the POI conversion changed for my new system?
How to I get the icons to display on the map (used to be a yellow box with a black asterisk.
Am I just being thick? (quite short odds on this one!)

Thanks.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Trouble instaling Custom POI's on TT One V3 Reply with quote

a2z wrote:
Have I copied the files to the corrct folder?
Has the POI conversion changed for my new system?
How to I get the icons to display on the map (used to be a yellow box with a black asterisk.
The OV2 and BMP Files should go in the Map Folder.

The files are the same format as before.

When in Browse Map there is a button at the bottom of the screen called Options. Tap this and on the next screen make sure that Points of Interest is Ticked and then tap POI.

In the next screen, find your POI, either by Paging Down or using the Find button. Tick it, and press Done twice, and the POIs should appear on the Browse Map.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
a2z
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

Tried it and nothing.

No icons appear on the map.

When I go to "Find POI near me", the category I created is on the list along with a red square icon. Select it and teh next screen says "No POI found"
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red square icon is the default icon. It normally indicates that you do not have a matching .bmp file for your .ov2. You must have one of each, with exactly the same name. I.e if you have a POI file called abcd.ov2, there must also be a matching abcd.bmp file. This file must contain an image which is 22x22 pixels in size.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things going wrong then...
The red square is easy... that means that the icon file isn't being recognised.

This will be because either:
It is a correct format .bmp file but hasn't been named correctly (it must match the ov2 file's name exactly, apart from the three letter extension),

or...
It is in a format the TT doesn't understand. It has to be a genuine bitmap file, exactly 22x22 pixels square. In early software it had to be 256 colour depth (8 bit) but now it can be 16 bit too. If its not right, it can be opened in a "paint" program, edited, and re-saved in the correct size/format.

The actual data file could be trickier. It's just not understanding the data format. Can you get it to open in POI edit and see your records?
If so, you will then be able to re-save it in compatible TT format.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: