Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Wot no update?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Wot no update?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Wot no update? Reply with quote

Hi guys, a month and a day! What gives? Can anyone advise how to remove cobwebs from existing version?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As has been mentioned in many other threads. MaFt has been on holiday and has been working into the early hours clearing over 600 submissions. An update is imminent.
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
As has been mentioned in many other threads. MaFt has been on holiday and has been working into the early hours clearing over 600 submissions. An update is imminent.

Forgive me for not reading other threads... I read through the forum list, chose this one as the most appropriate, read the subjects, checked the topic about a month (no, 3 weeks) since last update, decided it wasn't strictly relevant. No mention there. Where are these 'many other threads'?

Why do people here expect CUSTOMERS to read endless unrelated threads to find information? Come on, GPS is all about clear, user-friendly interfaces.

Anyway... a holiday?! The nerve! Razz

Thanks for the skinny... will wait patiently.
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...but at the same time, does it say anywhere how frequent the updates are?

The team are already working hard on all kinds of things, not least protecting their business interests, and if people can't be bothered to read a few threads (which is what a forum is all about) why complain that you have missed something?

You could try looking here, for one currently active thread mentioning this holiday:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=59733&start=0

To save you the trouble of reading through it, skip straight to the EIGHTH post, which was submitted by Darren

There are limits to what people can do to make this system work best for the majority and, sadly, you can't please everybody all of the time.

edited to add link to appropriate thread
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's 3 that only took a minute to find.

CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Here's 3 that only took a minute to find.

Laughing Out Loud You're funny, Paul.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to have been of service. Update now released.
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS_fan wrote:

One would have thought that with monthly subs, the update would be .....monthly?

PS Yes I know the monthly subs are changing!

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One would have thought that with monthly subs, the update would be .....monthly?

They are usually every 2 weeks or so but as mentioned above this one has been 1 month and 1 day. No one would have lost out.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor.dowle wrote:

PS Yes I know the monthly subs are changing!

And indeed as a minimum that is what we aim for, nothing has changed there. But wherever possible we try to publish two a month and have succeeded in doing every month except this last one.
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Good grief!! Reply with quote

GPS_fan wrote:

Erm, did I accidentally ask how frequent they are? As a customer of over a year, I have a reasonable idea of how frequent they are. But thanks anyway.

GPS_fan wrote:
You could try looking here, for one currently active thread mentioning this holiday:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=59733&start=0

To save you the trouble of reading through it, skip straight to the EIGHTH post, which was submitted by Darren

Thanks. It's been suggested by someone else that I should have searched for this information.

Note to self: when checking for ETA of new updates, look for relevant information in posts titled 'Membership Subscription Options Change', further searching for term 'holiday'. Shocked

There's really no need for anyone to be quite so defensive... the 'cobweb' comment surely suggested an element of humour in my question? Or the final comment in my signature? I use GPS and retain a sense of humour, so there's really no excuse.

Many thanks for the simple answer provided helpfully: Coming soon, delayed due to holiday. I understand and respect the situation. I'm happy everyone got to enjoy their holiday. I'll live without the update for now.

To those tripping over themselves to 'educate' me, relax guys...
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies but with the recent announcement of the move to annual only subs we're all on the defensive and perhaps over sensitive!

Of course had we envisaged there would be an interruption to normal service with regard to updates we would have announced the fact but as is often the case it was only when we were getting ready for this release that we realised a month had passed since the last one! Time flies in PGPS land Crying or Very sad

Normal service is however resumed Very Happy

Last edited by Darren on Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Apologies...
Normal service is however resumed.

Cheers Darren,

I wouldn't mind if they were only every 2 months (well, I might whinge a bit!) - the database is worth every penny of my annual subs...
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Good grief!! Reply with quote

bedbug wrote:
GPS_fan wrote:

Erm, did I accidentally ask how frequent they are? As a customer of over a year, I have a reasonable idea of how frequent they are. But thanks anyway.

Well, I guess that depends how you interpret your opening line

bedbug wrote:
a month and a day

The trouble is that even with the help of emoticons, it can often be difficult to judge somebody's mood when they're typing - especially if they're being sarcastic.

Also, I guess that in light of the piracy issue people are tending to be on the defensive.

This reminds me of a saying I saw somewhere:

"The impossible we do immediately, miracles take a little longer" Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: