Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Connection problems with Sony NV-U82
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Connection problems with Sony NV-U82

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
confuzzled
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Connection problems with Sony NV-U82 Reply with quote

Please could someone advise whether they have either heard of or come across this problem.

I purchased the Sony NV-U82 sat nav system, registered myself on the sony-europe site, activated my years free speed cam info, went to download the info and it said the device needed to be connected, so connected it using the USB cable and the device just shows 'connecting' on the screen but never connects with the pc.

I cant use the active syns program on the enclosed disc as it's not Vista compatable, and the replacement program that Microsoft tell me to download ( Windows mobile device centre) has installed on my pc but the sat nav still wont connect.

Does anyone have any advice please?

Thanks
mickdw321
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: same problem Reply with quote

i am having the same problem HELP.....!!!
Range2U
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: same problem Reply with quote

I'm also having the same problem with a U92T. I have noticed a pop-up when the sony is connected to the computer, it recognises it as a generic USB hub (an Apple detects it as a Sony USB hub).

I spoke to Sony customer support today, they weren't the most helpful in that they blamed my computer. When I pointed out that my desktop, other laptop (both running Vista) and a friend's Apple failed to connect or recognise the device. They ummmed and ahhhhhd and said there were so many components and perhaps I could try connecting it to a usb port at the back of the computer!?!

I'm afriad its going back to the shop as I need the speed camera info. A shame because I rather liked this unit.
doc2007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Not vista compatible Reply with quote

I had same problem, here is reply from sony,
Thank you for your reply.

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment regarding the compatibility issues that are preventing you from connecting your unit to your computer. I can understand your frustrations.
Having looked into this matter further, I can confirm that this is not a limitation of the navigation unit or the software itself. The compatibility issue is caused by a component of the Vista operating system called Hotsync.
It is with regret that we are unable to create any software updates to resolve this outstanding compatibility issue as this is something that only Microsoft can resolve. I am unable to confirm any details further to this as no additional information is available to me at present. I can only apologise that I am unable to be of further assistance on this occasion.
Concerning the comment within our website, I am sorry to learn that you find this misleading. As you can appreciate, from the many product groups that Sony manufacture, there have been known issues relating to the compatibility of specific products with the Vista operating system but Sony are looking to resolve these issues where possible.

Strange how their website still does not say that the unit is incompatible, totally misleading to my mind.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: