Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom go710 can you turn off red light camera alerts &
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom go710 can you turn off red light camera alerts &

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilentBob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: tomtom go710 can you turn off red light camera alerts & Reply with quote

Sorry being a beginning here, I have just realised I have posted my question before in the wrong forum so here it is in the right forum I hope!

After waiting forever for an answer to my questions from TomTom support
I thought I would go on looking. My questions are, can I turn off the red light camera alert in a TomTom Go 710, if so how?

Also does the unit comes with an overspeed alert, if so we would this be located. The manual is very light on for information and TomTom support (interesting turn of phrase) is still pondering this question

Regards
Silent Bob
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about the speed cam database from TomTom themselves or the one from here?

If it is the one from here, you just need to use either the "consolidated by camera type" version or the "speed-zoned" version. With each of those you can just install the files you want (leaving out the Red light ones) or install them all and just disable the red light ones. (Preferences/Manage POI/Enable-disable POI).

I've never used the TT ones, but until very recently, I think you could disable the red light ones in the preferences in the same way.
Howver a recent news article says that in the latest software, they have changed the way they work, and you cannot customise them at all. So it depends what version of software you are on.
You could always dump the TT ones and use the ones from here.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the overspeed alert, there should be one of sorts on the 710.
If the display is set to show speed (turned on or off in Preferences/Status Bar preferences), you should get your speed and the limit for the road, and if you exceed it the numbers turn red/flash.
Everyone says it is too small and dark to read well, and also that the speed limits ar ecoded into the maps and are missing on 50% of the roads and wrong on lots of the rest!
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilentBob to answer your further question in the other Thread (which I've Locked) if you choose the above certain speed option you get to choose which speed you want it to alert you, by turning the Map display off and leaving a Text Screen. Navigation still continues.

The new TT V6 Maps have some speed data in them, and the software will cause the Speed display to flash Red if the speed is exceeded. If that is what you meant.[/b]

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: