Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - upgrading ipaq rz1710 with Navigator 4.4 to Navigator 5-How?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

upgrading ipaq rz1710 with Navigator 4.4 to Navigator 5-How?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dogzzzz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: upgrading ipaq rz1710 with Navigator 4.4 to Navigator 5-How? Reply with quote

This is really puzzling me - I've got a fairly old ipaq1710 with a fully working tomtom navigator 4.4 on it but when I try and update the maps i'm told they only work with the latest navigator. So i tried updating the version of navigator from tomtom website and it says the upgrade won't work with versions 4!! - How do I do the upgrade (because rz1710's are still being sold but with the latest version of navigator on them pre-installed) and I don't want to have to fork out on a new pda!! - Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youll need to buy tomtom 5 im afraid around 80 pounds or so the upgrade ended in november 05 and ran from march 05

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
dogzzzz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tnanks Alix776 - I guess I must have missed the free upgrade then!! Will I need to buy a new SD card as well or do I just put the new software on the existing card - sorry to be a pain but I'm new to this tomtom stuff (you wouldn't think i'm an IT consultant and drive about 80k miles a year so this is pretty invaluable for me!!) Best regards, Dogzzzz
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use your existing card (256MB recommended) but if you do, copy it to your PC first so that you can get back where you were if you experience problems. If you have Sprite Backup (recommended) make a backup of your PDA and copy that to your PC. Then Format your card, uninstall TT4 from your PDA and install your newly purchased upgrade to TT5, preferably using a card reader (often active sync has problems with the large files involved).
Probably worth contacting TomTom support first - those who applied within the upgrade period got TT5 upgrade (including maps of the whole of Western Europe) for 60 euros. That offer is over, but they may still offer some sort of concessionary rate if you tell them that you did not know about the upgrade offer
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be worth waiting for the next upgrade??

Not official yet but May is about the time when tomtom will look at going to V6. Thats what I think anyway Laughing
Latest Maps
(Internal GPS)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: