Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is it possible to record a journey?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it possible to record a journey?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pj123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Is it possible to record a journey? Reply with quote

It would be useful to use TT Navigator 5 to record a journey so that when you take the same journey you can choose to follow the same route. Is this possible?
schneid
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. You could manually save locations as favorites and convert them to an ITN later.
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean a pre planned journey with waypoints/destinations, you can do it in the Itinerary and Save it for a future journey.

If you mean taking an unplanned trip and finding you wish to do the same journey at a later date, you could pencil in some of the towns you pass on route and enter them in an Itinerary when you get back home. Again you could Save for a later date.
Etwell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just a suggestion.

There is a facility within TT to record POI's. However you need to enter the place/position which may not be entirely practical whilst driving! This would leave you with a 'trace' of your journey.

Now the interesting bit. I seem to remember reading that there is an add on that allows POI's to be recorded 'at the press of a button'. perhaps someone else can point the way.

I have CheckPOInt loaded and there is the option there to assign one of the PDA buttons for 'Button for recording a POI' but I have never used it.

If you get the answer let us know.
pj123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies.
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the add on software you are referring to is POICapture, however this will only record cameras at present. Either mote the towns you go through (depending onsize of journey, you may only need two or three)and use the itinery feature. Thats what I would do anyway.
Latest Maps
(Internal GPS)
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lupos0_1 wrote:
I think the add on software you are referring to is POICapture, however this will only record cameras at present. Either mote the towns you go through (depending onsize of journey, you may only need two or three)and use the itinery feature. Thats what I would do anyway.

I don't use TTN5 or POICapture and I might be a little thick here but when a camera position is captured is that not a lat and lon position which is what a POI is ,so can't all those recorded "camera" positions taken at regular points be saved and then plotted to show where you have been Question

Dave
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely, the 'camera' positions are just a lat / lon position so you could use these to plot your journey. Not really an option for you though is it. Not only that but if you use POICapture on a regular basis, you won't be able to differentiate the difference between a camera position and your 'journey' Rolling Eyes
Latest Maps
(Internal GPS)
wazzzzupmate
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could create your own POI Group, called say "MY ROUTE", then when stopped at lights etc on your route go to, change prefs, manage poi, add poi, click the little blue arrow and use the option to use your current position. Instructions may be slightly wrong as this is from memory, but sure yow will get the idea if you go through the menus.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: