Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Goin to Paris
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Goin to Paris

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Epic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Goin to Paris Reply with quote

I got a TT One and would like to take my Girlfriend to paris but wouldnt have a clue were to go. i got the GB SD Card, how do i go about getting Paris maps on my Tomtom? Do i need to purchase the euro card or can i download the maps from sumwere?
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your GB map say GB Plus? If so, it will get you as far as Paris via a major route, but once there you will need a better map of Paris to navigate at street level. For this, you can download a map of Paris for about £3 or so (5 Euros). Go to www.tomtom.com and click on PLUS Services > Maps > Buy and download maps.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just asked a friend who has a ONE, he appears to have the British Isles only. However, I still reckon you should be able to find your way to Paris without satnav, so the Paris map might still be enough. If you are planning several excursions then maybe the full France map for 60 Euros or street maps of the whole of Western Europe at 120 Euros should be considered.
Tumbleweed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Buxton wrote:
Having just asked a friend who has a ONE, he appears to have the British Isles only. However, I still reckon you should be able to find your way to Paris without satnav, so the Paris map might still be enough. If you are planning several excursions then maybe the full France map for 60 Euros or street maps of the whole of Western Europe at 120 Euros should be considered.

If the OP is going to drive around Paris for sightseeing then IMHO he is barking. Drive there, park, get the metro or taxis. Its not navigating around Paris that is the problem its Parisians!

Tw
Unplugged
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last time I went over there i brought the paris map it cost about £6 and my hotel was liturally right on the corner of the map but we would have been stuck without it just finding a way to a resturant etc was so much easier. WMOE are good for getting out of paris not so good for finding your way round even on the outskirts.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: