Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - My Views So Far On The TT Go
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

My Views So Far On The TT Go

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrRubberGloves
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: My Views So Far On The TT Go Reply with quote

1, When I've set a destination into the TT Go and the TT Go has worked out my route, it never tells you to turn around (ie, do a 3 point turn), which could add a few miles onto your route. I find (if safe) that if I reverse a little the TT Go gets the impression that I have turned around and re-calculates the route giving you two options on which way to go. Found doing the simple reverse manouvre saved me a few miles and time the other day when I was in a rural location where there were not many roads.

2, I re-installed the Great Britain map onto the SD card and v4.21 and since then I've been unable to find Wigan Athletic/Wigan Warriors and Wimbledon (National Hockey Stadium) in the POI file under Stadiums, I'm almost 100% sure they were there before in re-installed the Great Britain map and v4.21. Can anyone find these places on their TT Go?

3, When looking for stadiums or railways stations I've found that if I was to look for Chesterfield FC and type in Chester, Chesterfield is not available, when I type in Chesterf it appears then, the same has also happened for some railway stations.

4, When looking at a route from A - B after it has worked it out and I want to adjust the route it re-calculates it from my GPS location /home to position B. Anyone else have this problem?

Baring the above, I'm very happy with the product even though there is a couple or so map errors (which you will probably get on an Sat Nav), especially the quality of the maps.
OZ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubbergloves, how can anyone find Wimbledon FC, they dont even know where they are themselves.
Only joking!.
This morning i was going into Hove and the way it routed me to Wilbury Gardens was rather the long way round, like nevill avenue, Old shoreham Road, etc all it needed to do was send me down Dyke road and into upper drive.
It seems worse when you know the area but i suppose in a strange enviroment you would be none the wiser.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: