Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iGO8 Ultra Skin 6.0.22
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iGO8 Ultra Skin 6.0.22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dawks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done EXACTLY as per your instructions Linknet including renaming the file etc etc and when you try and select the Silent Voice in igo it is certainly NOT in the list to select. However the one that you uploaded is in the list and can be selected. For whatever reasons if you use your file as a template for a female voice it most certainly does not work! Deleting the .ogg files in a voice file that I want to use, then just leaving the 2 .ogg files simply doesn't work either!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, I see. Of course. Rolling Eyes It seems that Igo picks up the voice file pretty much regardless of what the file is called and picks up the name displayed on the Igo from the info.ini file within the .zip file rather than the zip filename itself. This is also true of skins in the skins folder.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawks wrote:
Deleting the .ogg files in a voice file that I want to use, then just leaving the 2 .ogg files simply doesn't work either!

When you say 'doesn't work either' do you mean that you still get the voice commands? If so, as I said before, to which linknet replied, you MUST have another copy lurking about somewhere. If that is not the case, I'll wind my neck in and carry on lurking. Wink
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawks wrote:
I've done EXACTLY as per your instructions Linknet including renaming the file etc etc and when you try and select the Silent Voice in igo it is certainly NOT in the list to select. However the one that you uploaded is in the list and can be selected. For whatever reasons if you use your file as a template for a female voice it most certainly does not work! Deleting the .ogg files in a voice file that I want to use, then just leaving the 2 .ogg files simply doesn't work either!

This is veering towards pantomime mode, so....

Oh yes it does work. Laughing Laughing

linknet
Dawks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for fear of repeating myself if I could see the voice in the list in igo then I would at least have a chance of selecting it to see if it does work. Can we have some clear instructions please, as so far none of the instructions that I have seen have worked.
Dawks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see there is lot of interest for silent voice
Sorry for not answering, was away from a pc
My language is french with female usually so It would be great if you can also send me a file I can use as a guide. deleting all the ogg doesnt work for me last time
Thanks in advance

That is of course unless both ciberyan and me are making up some kind of a story Linknet!!
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawks wrote:
Well for fear of repeating myself if I could see the voice in the list in igo then I would at least have a chance of selecting it to see if it does work. Can we have some clear instructions please, as so far none of the instructions that I have seen have worked.

The instructions are very clear and unambiguous, if you follow them correctly then the voice will show in the selection list.

You must be making some very basic error somewhere, so instead of complaining about the instructions check the procedure you have used carefully.

Why not post a link to the voice file you have modified ?

linknet
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

linknet wrote:
Dawks wrote:

This is veering towards pantomime mode, so....

Oh yes it does work. Laughing Laughing

linknet

My monies on linknet being correct. Laughing

What some people have to remember is, linknet spends a lot of time with his Skins and everyone should be grateful for him passing them on FREE.

If you ask for something extra and linknet says he's not doing it, just accept it and be grateful for what he does do.

For those people who aren't happy, why not revert to Default skin or teach yourself how to add any extras they require.
Dawks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a complete idiot and in fact I work in an IT based industry. I certainly do appreciate what Linknet does that's for sure. What I don't appreciate is being patronised by people assuming that I am not following instructions; instructions that simply don't work.
Dawks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the aforementioned file that doesn't work!

http://rapidshare.com/files/211867270/Voice_Eng-uk-f3-Silent.zip.html
[/url]
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawks wrote:
Here is the aforementioned file that doesn't work!

http://rapidshare.com/files/211867270/Voice_Eng-uk-f3-Silent.zip.html

Firstly, you haven't changed the "languagename" field as per the instruction below:

3. Now edit the info.ini file to rename the voice. Change the voicekey and languagename fields to whatever you prefer (just adding "Silent" to the end of the name works fine).

Secondly, and the main problem, you've made the very basic error of zipping the "Voice_Eng-uk-f3-Silent" folder itself inside the "Voice_Eng-uk-f3-Silent.zip" file.

linknet
Dawks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, you haven't changed the "languagename" field as per the instruction below:

3. Now edit the info.ini file to rename the voice. Change the voicekey and languagename fields to whatever you prefer (just adding "Silent" to the end of the name works fine).

Secondly, and the main problem, you've made the very basic error of zipping the "Voice_Eng-uk-f3-Silent" folder itself inside the "Voice_Eng-uk-f3-Silent.zip" file.

I have renamed the languagename. The "Voice_Eng-uk-f3-Silent.zip" file.
was in another folder when it was uploaded through Rapidshare, however in the igo voice folder it is zipped exactly the same as all the others.

It still doesn't work.

Lets just leave it anyway thank you.
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawks wrote:
I'm not a complete idiot and in fact I work in an IT based industry. I certainly do appreciate what Linknet does that's for sure. What I don't appreciate is being patronised by people assuming that I am not following instructions; instructions that simply don't work.

Well, I've taken your uploaded file, corrected the "languagename" by just adding "Silent" to the end (as per my instructions) and then zipped it up with the correct folder structure. It is now selectable and works perfectly.

So the simple set of instructions work fine if followed correctly, and of course no errors are created when creating the zip file.

I think that in future you should check to make sure that you are following instructions correctly before just complaining time after time that they don't work, after all, I have no obligation whatsoever to provide you with any instructions at all.

linknet
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added Version 6.0.17 Smile

- Added a "Hide" button for the Pop-Up Info Panel on the "Plan on Map" screen. This button overlays the "Fit Route to Screen" button whilst the Pop-Up Info Panel is active. Tapping it hides the Pop-Up Info Panel making it easier to set destinations and waypoints without having to turn the Pop-Up Info Panel off completely. To restore the Pop-Up Info Panel just tap the button again whilst it is active. The hidden state is retained until iGO8 is restarted. To just close the Pop-Up Info Panel normally tap the top "Address" section of the panel as before.

- Added access to the "Itinerary" screen via "Tap and Hold" on the "Route" button on the "Plan on Map" screen.

- Added access to the "Itinerary" screen via "Tap and Hold" on the "First Route Event" icon on the "Map" screen.

linknet
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added Version 6.0.18 Smile

- Modified the new "Hide" button for the Pop-Up Info Panel on the "Plan on Map" screen to reflect the current hidden state, which is now remembered after iGO8 is restarted.

- Added a "Hide" button for the Pop-Up Info Panel on the "Plan on Map" screen. This button overlays the "Fit Route to Screen" button whilst the Pop-Up Info Panel is active. Tapping it hides the Pop-Up Info Panel making it easier to set destinations and waypoints without having to turn the Pop-Up Info Panel off completely. To restore the Pop-Up Info Panel just tap the button again whilst it is active. The hidden state is remembered when iGO8 is restarted. To just close the Pop-Up Info Panel normally tap the top "Address" section of the panel as before.

- Added access to the "Itinerary" screen via "Tap and Hold" on the "Route" button on the "Plan on Map" screen.

- Added access to the "Itinerary" screen via "Tap and Hold" on the "First Route Event" icon on the "Map" screen.

linknet

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 21 of 35

Jump to: