Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: TomTom GO
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: TomTom GO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caboto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
Nope, not at all. GO will definately support speed cameras, I have it loaded to my GO at the moment. AFAIK there won't yet be plug-in support for third party applications. It's not to say it won't happen, I'm sure it will going forward, but just not at the moment.

Hi Dave! How could I get speed cameras info on my TTGo too? Do you know anything about using Maps of Europe for pocket PC on TTGo?
dodgydodgy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TomTom site says end of Summer for this functionality.

Dave is testing a beta version of the new software under NDA (i.e. he can't send it to you).
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caboto wrote:
Hi Dave! How could I get speed cameras info on my TTGo too? Do you know anything about using Maps of Europe for pocket PC on TTGo?
Dave is testing an updated version of the TTGo software - you'll have to wait for it to be released first before you will be able to use the speed camera database. As for MFE, I believe this will not work at all, and you need to wait for the MFE for TTGo which will be released in a few months time.
jassy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="swing"]
caboto wrote:
As for MFE, I believe this will not work at all, and you need to wait for the MFE for TTGo which will be released in a few months time.

Looks like european maps are available now from the tomtom online store:
http://www.tomtom.com/products/products.php?ID=246&Language=1
BoxsterBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgydodgy wrote:
Something I haven't yet figured out - I assume the UK maps are also on the CD as well as the 'roads of Europe'? If I wiped my SD card would I be able to put the original UK maps back on?

Yes, although the CD i had was 4.20 not 4.21 so you will have to upgrade from tomtom website. It may be an idea to backup your settings (favourite locations) as well.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The updated version I am testing is working well. One thing I am finding is it seems to be directional as opposed to TTN3 which isn't. In this I mean that if a camera is on the east bound carriageway, I don't seem to be notified when travelling west past it. Maybe this might just be a fluke, but I've driven the same stretch of road a few times and seem to not be notified in both directions.

For anyone wanting to know about an external antenna, I heard it on good authority today that TomTom will be coming out with an external plug-in antenna (optional) for GO. I don't quite know where it's going to plug into, I'm told the back of the suction mount, but on my pre-production version all I have is a 5v power socket.

What do you guys have ?
dodgydodgy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

69 Euros ..

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13059

[/img]
OZ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodgy, my French is about as good as their football team. Does that forum review give any indication of where this plugs into?.
Fuego
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like it's a re-radiating antenna, but then my French is rusty too.

If that is the case, then no connection is required, as it simply re-radiates the stronger signal into the car. There is a link on that article to other antennas of similar type.
delboy0754
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OZ wrote:
Dodgy, my French is about as good as their football team. Does that forum review give any indication of where this plugs into?.

This might help, the pages have been translated

Translated Article

What i can read of this, You change the front part of the mounting which the TT go sits on. So the it gets it's power from the already powered mount.
OZ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Delboy, i was wondering if that was the case as in the photo the body looks very similar to the original mount.
gduvl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: tomtom go "no GPS device!" Reply with quote

brand new, fully charged and 4.21 software on UK map and outdoors.
On GPS status (preferences 5 of 5) it says "No GPS device" all figures are zero's and no blue bars are showing. Can't get through to Tomtom customer support - "all lines are busy - please call back later" etc etc.
Have I missed something in the initial set up? Can't find where I've gone wrong? Suspect it's a faulty unit with just as it says -" No GPS device " fitted??? Any clues/help/sugestions welcome.

thanks
gduvl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: ignore previous post ref no gps device Reply with quote

fixed by removing then re inserting the SD card. Que - would have been a lot easyier to delete my own post above - but am not allowed- why?
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posts are not editable or deletable because we have had some people in the past start an inflamitory thread and then remove or edit the comments that heated the discussions, making the subsequent posters seem a bit silly (to put it politely).

A good device to attach to your keyring is a paperclip. This is used to reset the GO by inserting in the small underneath hole.
MrRubberGloves
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
A good device to attach to your keyring is a paperclip. This is used to reset the GO by inserting in the small underneath hole.

Thumbs Up

Either that or a pin, that of the kind that people who sew use stuck into the side of your sunvisor.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 17 of 35

Jump to: