Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 950 LIVE - WHERE'S MY GPS STATUS INDICATOR GONE?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 950 LIVE - WHERE'S MY GPS STATUS INDICATOR GONE?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
I think that screenshot is fake done in Photoshop. It must be, it is showing LIVE traffic incidents! Laughing Out Loud

No I can assure you that screen shot is from a 950 Live device.

AndyVaughan wrote:
Anyway, if you use the Greys map colour scheme how do you know you have lost a satellite signal?????

As its a 950 which has EPT you don't get the full grey as the device still knows where it is when it loses a GPS signal (the screen shot was taken in the tunnels near the end of the M61), you should notice the EPT indistaion lower left and the ETA/ TTG on the right has gone grey rather than its usual white.

AndyVaughan wrote:
Having never seen Navcore 9 running I can't comment if that option is present or not

Oh come on please, your not telling me the XL Live hasn't had Navcore 9 installed by now?? Cool Laughing - Mike
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err maybe but that would be telling .....
NickG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: TomTom 950 LIVE - WHERE'S MY GPS STATUS INDICATOR GONE? Reply with quote

tedkay wrote:
please don't tell me that they have removed this very important info from the options on the 950 !!!

Have you ever seen a recent TomTom's GPS signal strength indicator on anything other than full strength once it's had a lock for a couple of minutes? I haven't. It's so damn sensitive that it's on full the entire time in my experience. Unless you've got an athermic windscreen, then I doubt you really need to see the signal indicator, although I do understand what you mean about reassurance.

In other news... Are you sure your fridge light really does go out when you close the door? Perhaps there should be a little window so you can check Smile
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi NickG
I suppose we all have our likes and dislikes and we are all different in this respect. This can sometimes make it a little difficult to understand someone else’s priorities.

I have a 720 and what the battery life is I have no idea, nor do I worry. I have only ever used the device on battery when I’ve been planning a route or having a fiddle. The one cable running from the cigar lighter to the device bothers me not one jot and I am not really aware of its existence when I am on the road.

Example, On one of the other topics tedkay bemoaned the fact that the GPS status indicator is missing from the status bar on his new 950. That’s important to him but not to some of the other users. However, I’m afraid that you are stuck with the battery that came with the device.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe posted in the wrong thread????
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi AndyVaughan
Sorry. You were quite correct, my last post should have gone into the ‘Tomtom 930 battery life woes’ topic. What a mistake to make.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: