Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Home with Macintosh 10.5.2 problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Home with Macintosh 10.5.2 problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kar, I can get my TT ONE 3rd edition to work with HOME in XP (running as a VM on my Macintosh). So there is hope that they can get the native Macintosh version to work also I guess.
rm_one_tx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: TomTom Home with Macintosh 10.5.2 problem Reply with quote

3GGG wrote:
I just got a ONE v3 Europe today and hooked it up to my download the new file it requires, then I get Error has occurred "Installation of the add-on failed". I have a button to report it to TomTom which I have done (twice).

The addon it tries to download has a navcore compatibility version embedded. I assume your Navcore version is 7.166. The download however is marked as compatible with version 7.163 only. Here's how to fix it: Use Finder to navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/TomTom HOME/Profiles/xxxxxxxxx.default/extensions/Navcore.7.163.8493.mac@tomtom.com/

(xxxxxxxx is a random string that changes with each new install -- yep, they're using the Mozilla engine and the whole thing is just a glorified web browser)

Now edit install.rdf and change two lines:
tt:navcoreversionto -- change that version to 7.199
tt:navcorebuildto -- change that to 8999

Now start Home and it should work (first time is slow, but after you've set your current location it should be OK).
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom Home with Macintosh 10.5.2 problem Reply with quote

rm_one_tx wrote:
3GGG wrote:
I just got a ONE v3 Europe today and hooked it up to my download the new file it requires, then I get Error has occurred "Installation of the add-on failed". I have a button to report it to TomTom which I have done (twice).

The addon it tries to download has a navcore compatibility version embedded. I assume your Navcore version is 7.166. The download however is marked as compatible with version 7.163 only. Here's how to fix it: Use Finder to navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/TomTom HOME/Profiles/xxxxxxxxx.default/extensions/Navcore.7.163.8493.mac@tomtom.com/

(xxxxxxxx is a random string that changes with each new install -- yep, they're using the Mozilla engine and the whole thing is just a glorified web browser)

Now edit install.rdf and change two lines:
tt:navcoreversionto -- change that version to 7.199
tt:navcorebuildto -- change that to 8999

Now start Home and it should work (first time is slow, but after you've set your current location it should be OK).

Fantastic! - Many thanks - why can't TomTom get this fixed themselves one wonders? I notice they update the TT HOME Mac program the other day but still with the same problem. Now V 2.3.0.32

Just one question?

Do you have both "TomTom" and "TomTom HOME" in ~/Library/Application Support ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: