Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Camera Database for Garmin StreetPilot c320
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Camera Database for Garmin StreetPilot c320
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunstrip_steve
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, as the alerts are related to your speed as well

that sounds like the right number to be update, so all should be well
littleflo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve - Will try it out tomorrow and let you know how I get on Regards, Littleflo
littleflo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Speed camera database for Garmin C320 Reply with quote

Hi, Have now been out and about locally and also up the M5 to Stratford on Avon and back and no alerts shown on C320. The speed cameras are in the C320 as I picked one out nearby as a destination, then simulated the drive and it led me straight to a known camera position. Does this mean then that as there were no alerts I was a good girl and stuck to the speed limits, or am I still doing something wrong? Also if I was speeding, how much notice would the C320 give me and what sort of alert would I see/hear?
sunstrip_steve
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to where to / food hotels etc (or whatever its called) then custom points does it list a number of pocketgps directories?
littleflo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I go to 'where to' 6 directories come up - address, food, lodging, my locations, fuel, spell name. if I press food it asks , all foods, American, Asian etc then directs me to the nearest one. Its the same in Lodgings, up comes all the nearest hotels etc. However, in 'My Locations the only directories there are - go home, Favorites, Recent selections and Custom POIs. In Custom POI's are (I assume) the nearest cameras to my position e.g. 60-M-6697 0.7mS; 30-M-12739, 0.9mNW etc.. These are nearest my last recorded destination. I have just pressed 60-m-6697 and
it came up 60-M-6697 underneath it said PocketGPSWorld and Go. Pressed Go and simulated drive, and it took me to a point along the road and said - arriving at destination on left'. It then marked that spot with a chequered flag and continued driving along the road. I pressed 'show map' at bottom of screen and it shows a map of the area with arrow pointing and showing 60-M-6697. So the camera database must be loaded. - ugh help!!!
sunstrip_steve
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah sorry i only have an i3, guess its not quite the same. It does seem that they are loaded. I think that the warning only come on within 10 mph of the limit?
littleflo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.K. - Many thanks for your help Steve, if I get any more problems I shall know where to come - Cheers, Littleflo
sunstrip_steve
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps ask someone who knows what they are talking about....

I don't think there is that many ppl with C320's on here though
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleflo wrote:
In Custom POI's are (I assume) the nearest cameras to my position e.g. 60-M-6697

60-M-6697 ... that's a clue! - I think you've got the wrong file! The cameras should have names like GATSO:123@40. In the case of the one you picked, it would appear as MOBILE:6697@60 (and being 'mobile', it's probably not one of the most appropriate to test with!)

AFAIK, that style of label only appears in 'pocketgps_uk_sc.gpx" - I'm can't remember how the zip file is described within Pocket GPS World (and I'm not subscribed at the moment, so can't check). However, that particular file contains no speed or proximity information for POILoader to use- so they are literally just Points of Interest! I'm not sure what it's intended purpose is, but it's not the one you want.

When you get the right set loaded, the C320 will show you the speed and proximity information relating to each entry...if it doesn't, then there's none loaded. Which of the sets you use is unimportant, just so long as it's not that one Smile (The 'by type and speed' gives the most flexibility regarding different icons for different types of camera, but clutters up the POI display most as well)
littleflo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Many thanks for advice - You are right, I had downloaded the wrong file. Received further help via email from Andrew with this and have been directed through the process. I should have selected UK-Speed Zoned Complete(24 files). These have now downloaded onto my C320. The Custom POI's on the C320 now looks like this
'All Categories
pocketgps-uk-gatso-20
pocketgps-uk-gatso-30
pocketgps-uk-gatso-40
pocketgps-uk-gatso-50

then further down I have

pocketgps-uk-gatso-tba
pocketgps-uk-gatso-var
pocketgps-uk-mobile-20
further down there is also
pocketgps-uk-redlight
pocketgps-uk-specs-30
and also a pocketgps-uk-temp'

I hope I have done it at last!! So tomorrow I will try it out again going past a couple of cameras I know. (Holding my breath)!!!!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleflo wrote:
Received further help via email from Andrew with this and have been directed through the process.....
I must stop my son from sending e-mails (he is called Andrew, but would probably use a Garmin as a football) - I suspect your list is not complete though you should have more cameras than that listed, if your listed POI don't tally to the full list please download the files again and re-load them to the device:

pocketgps_uk_gatso_20
pocketgps_uk_gatso_30
pocketgps_uk_gatso_40
pocketgps_uk_gatso_50
pocketgps_uk_gatso_60
pocketgps_uk_gatso_70
pocketgps_uk_gatso_tba
pocketgps_uk_gatso_var
pocketgps_uk_mobile_20
pocketgps_uk_mobile_30
pocketgps_uk_mobile_40
pocketgps_uk_mobile_50
pocketgps_uk_mobile_60
pocketgps_uk_mobile_70
pocketgps_uk_mobile_tba
pocketgps_uk_specs_20
pocketgps_uk_specs_30
pocketgps_uk_specs_40
pocketgps_uk_specs_50
pocketgps_uk_specs_60
pocketgps_uk_specs_70
pocketgps_uk_specs_tba
pocketgps_uk_redlight
pocketgps_uk_temp

Mike
littleflo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Mike, it wasn't your Andrew, I was having a 'Senior Moment'. (Had been speaking to my nephew Andrew on the phone whilst in the middle of downloading). Mean't to say 'with the help of Mike' !!!! Yes they are all there, so will let you know how I get on - regards - Littleflo
littleflo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Phew, managed it at last - went out today towards a known camera and the C320 started beeping as soon as I entered the 30mile limit well before the camera. It even beeped when I went over to 32mph. As soon as I dropped below the 30mph it stopped, and as I approached the camera - lo and behold - there it was on the screen.
Thanks for all your help, now I shall be able to install the updates with confidence.
Hope this saga and its successful end will be of use to other Sat Nav beginners.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: