Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - The Guardian's review on latest GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

The Guardian's review on latest GPS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Garmin Reply with quote

Eldar, how can you quote different bits like that? impressive. In answering your questions I refer you to all the different threads on these forums discussing the problems TomTom has and their appalling customer support. In relation to you last question, I own a c320 (and not i3) which I won't be replacing for 10 TomToms 300. I once again say that this is my view and I could be mistaken but I think plenty of others on these forums agree that TomTom does no longer offer good value for money.
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin Reply with quote

Like so?
Almahadeus wrote:
Eldar

Almahadeus wrote:
how

Almahadeus wrote:
can

Almahadeus wrote:
you quote different bits like that?

very easy - copy and paste ;-)
Almahadeus wrote:

In answering your questions I refer you to all the different threads on these forums discussing the problems TomTom has and their appalling customer support.

Yes, you are absolutely right A small number of people (compared to about 2-3 milion GO users) have had and are having problems with TT customer support. It doesn't mean it's non-existant.
Almahadeus wrote:

In relation to you last question, I own a c320 (and not i3) which I won't be replacing for 10 TomToms 300.

That's fair enough, c320 is a good GO clone, can't argue with that ;-). BTW, the offer still stands ;-)
Old_Phil
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Methinks Almahadeus doth protest too much.

His only criticism seems to be about customer support - and I cannot comment on that because even after purchasing 5 GOs (4 classics and one 700; all for family members) none of us have had a reason to require any form of support. All we all agree, the GO is a brilliant device. Which probably puts us in the huge majority.

I have no doubt that Navman and Garmin products are equally good. The sat nav in my wife's Toyota is also excellent (and at £2000 a pop it should be). Funny how she now prefers my car with it's GO700?
vernan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've bought four (three family, one friend). All are agreed it is a genius bit of kit. TT support have always been very polite and helpful (eg when my MWE number was wrong).

Quite what the point of Almahadeus posting is, I don't know. Quite a bitter and twisted person who needs to:
a) calm down
b) not buy things he then considers expensive after his purchase
c) learn how to sell things he doesn't like on ebay.

Whingers like him really get my goat.
techiedoc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Listing in the Guardian once again Reply with quote

It was nice to see that I generated a bit of debate here!Interestingly,The Guardian has published yet another list of the SatNavs today in the G2 section and I was surprised that the Tomtom GO 700 has topped the list this time!!!
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that too. They don't have the article on-line to link to, as far as I can see.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: