Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - The February Speed Camera Database (4.024) has been released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

The February Speed Camera Database (4.024) has been released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi nitrox32,

Welcome to the forum! Thumbs Up

Be default you will get a bleep (or a cuckoo, or a cow, etc) however you can use different free files that give a more meaningful alert. You also get the camera icon displayed on the map if you want it to.

Please have a look here for further information.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get an icon on Screen that indicates the location of the camera, another icon that flashes at top left oif screen and you can configure either one of the standard beeps and bongs as an audible alert or replace these with our POI Alert sounds which have warnings such as 'Bong...Gatso' etc.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAVC10 wrote:
Hi

I'm not sure if this is the right place to report this but as others have done so then.....

I have sent a couple of e-mails to dataalreadysubmitted@...com but have received no acknowledgement or reply. I thought I'd try and see if I can get my subscription activated via the Forum rather than e-mail.

Hope this is ok.

Hi Laurence,

Sorry, we're having terrible trouble with emails bouncing and being filtered. I have set you up with your membership. Please check your email box for confirmation.

Anyone else who hasn't had a reply within 24 hours, please PM me with your full details (as per home page announcement) and I'll sort it asap.

Please bear in mind that the team wil be at the Cebit exhibition from tomorrow for a week, but will will still be checking the site/emails every 2 or 3 of hours.
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren

Many thanks for your prompt action - I have received a message from robbrady and my account is now activated. Downloaded new database without any problem.

Thanks again to you and the team for sorting this so quickly
nitrox32
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Privateer wrote:
Hi nitrox32,

Welcome to the forum! Thumbs Up

Be default you will get a bleep (or a cuckoo, or a cow, etc) however you can use different free files that give a more meaningful alert. You also get the camera icon displayed on the map if you want it to.

Please have a look here for further information.

Regards,

cheers Privateer and Darren.
JPSMITH69
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: The charge for the Speed camera database Reply with quote

I have recently paid my yearly subs although I have been downloading for free for years now .Its a bargin .
Downloaded after following all the instructions no probs .Keep up the good work will be sending you a file soon of changies and add on .Which you may or may not have already had . Lets all hope the database is always up to date .
Off to Spain for a week will of course be creating a file for there "blackspots" which will be used when I go out to live there.

Use Tom Tom and a Pda
Forddriver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried to download your speed camera files for Navman. Opening the zip file gives me two sets of files, ones that contain the small camera logos and ones that contain .asc extensions, which my computer cannot recognise. Gone is the easy format of downloading the camera positions. The Navman upload system is hard enough on it's own, now it seems the system has become impossibly difficult and will in fact not work. Whilst I accept you need the subscriptions this seems to have reinvented the wheel, only it does not go round! Or am I just thick?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navman's POI Import is compatible with .asc files, thats why we use them!
Forddriver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Darren, but my computer now does not recognise the.asc files. I have unzipped the file into it's componant parts, that's where the trouble starts because I can't open the .asc file extensions. I have tried all manner of ways to open them but none work. This new system is far too complicated for a simple computer user like me!!!
nitrox32
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the camera database compatible with tomtom one 5.42 software. Don't want fancy voice alerts or speed alerts. Just an icon and bell or noise will do?
Forddriver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to my messages, I have tried to carry out an upload into my Navman iCN650. The machine accepts the logo files as before but does not accpt the .asc files and I suspect the retained camera info I had is now corrupted! On the previous versions of the camera database, it was necessary to unzip the files and open the ov2 files in notepad, before uploading into the Navman. My computer does not recognise the files, I can't therefore open the files. My Navman does not recognise the .asc files. Where do I go from here please?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forddriver wrote:
that's where the trouble starts because I can't open the .asc file extensions. I have tried all manner of ways to open them but none work.

Why do you need to open them on your PC?
Surely you are just copying them onto your GPS unit?
I have a TomTom that uses .ov2 files, and my PC doesn't have any idea what they are either, but it doesn't stop you copying and pasting them.

nitrox32 wrote:
Is the camera database compatible with tomtom one 5.42 software.

Sure is. Just download the ov2 and bmp files (chosing whether you want one file with everything marked as "a camera", the set of five camera "types" or the full set slit into different speeds)
When you set them up to show on the TomTom, you also set up what sound you want as an alert, and how far from the camera it will sound. Instructions are in the download.
Forddriver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy,
Under the old system, you had to download the zip file and then unzip it into it's componant parts, open the camera files in notepad, delete certain wording, save the amended files then upload into the Navman. This is still shown in the instructions, as the way to do it for Navman equipment. I am still following those instructions. However it does not work, either by trying to open the files and amneding them, or a straight upload into my Navman iCN650. That's where I am stuck.
Forddriver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,
I have tried once again to upload onto my Navman iCN650, this time I totally ignored the instructions still printed in the general download intructions for the Navman units, on this site. My Navman didn't recognise the .asc files, so I cleared my POIs completely and started again with a "clean" memory. This time the files went into the machine correctly.
Now, I don't know why this happened, except upto this download I have used a different file extension on the download files. Whether this had something to do with it, I know not. But now the system is working.
TGhank you all for your replies and help.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like PGPSW need to update their instructions....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: