Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: TomTom GO
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: TomTom GO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy this is an eyeopener, delboy.

I am running an AMD 500Mhz processor but I haven't had any problems in the past running my MiniDV camera, Scanner and CD Burner all on USB. Does this mean I should be okay or is it possible that the TTG will still require me to download the driver you mention?
delboy0754
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon1 wrote:
Boy this is an eyeopener, delboy.

I am running an AMD 500Mhz processor but I haven't had any problems in the past running my MiniDV camera, Scanner and CD Burner all on USB. Does this mean I should be okay or is it possible that the TTG will still require me to download the driver you mention?

Hi Simon,

As your already using USB equipment, i see no reason why the TT Go shouldn't work also. After all, it is a Mass Storage device your downloading to, the SD Card. It wouldn'y harm anything to download the driver i mentioned, as there are NO drivers on the CD that comes with TT Go, it uses GENERIC USB drivers, so it will recognise your SD card as just another storage device, like your hard drive.
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that. Normally I would be cautious asking advice from someone who flashes Bart's Butt at me, but you seem to know your stuff!!
delboy0754
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon1 wrote:
Cheers for that. Normally I would be cautious asking advice from someone who flashes Bart's Butt at me, but you seem to know your stuff!!

Good luck with it Simon. you should find it works OK.

I'de better not say to much, might get accused of going off topic.
jaybee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just completed 1400miles using TTG. The earlier part of my journey I was driving up the A9 towards Perth in the evening and thought I had better have a top up of fuel. I know there are fuel stations on Perth retail parks [westside of Perth] so I would head for one of those. However upon reaching the roundabout south of Perth the TTG gave directions to go straight across the roundabout then turn right and lo and behold there was an Esso service station which had recently been opened. Better still the fuel was the cheapest I had seen for some miles. The TTG POI is set to show fuel stations - but it did not lead me into another service station, as above, for the remainder of the week.

I was hoping to travel back past the Perth service station on my return, just to see if it was still there or if TTG would direct me again - but could not do so. Has this happened to anyone else? I feel as though the service station was put there for my benefit as the staff were so helpful showing me the best buys etc. not like the usual service station at all.
sifi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not exactly certain what you mean but you could browse the map for around Perth and enable the poi of petrol stations so hte petrol iconise shown on the map. This way you can view which are in its data base
sifi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for "iconise" read icon is shown. I must read what I write before submitting!
Lampman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like one for Mulder and Sculley! Laughing
AlanH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question from a newbie, expecting delivery of TTG tomorrow from Expansys (incidentally, they increased their price yesterday)

Is it possible to enter a journey when TTG is out of sight of the GPS satellites, for example at home rather than in the car?

Thanks.
TartanGiant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Out of Sat sights Reply with quote

Hello AlanH,

Welcome........... and the answer is YES! Smile

I programme mine before I step outside and into the gaze of the satellites, then plug it into the holder, and by that time it has locked on to enough to do the job. Sometimes it takes a few minutes but it gets them eventualy.

I was saying earlier to the chaps, my reception rate/sat hold was dreadful, but after buying a RE-rad it holds the signals much better Wink .

Hope this helps.

Cheers

TG
AlanH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi TartanGiant

Thanks for the quick reply! I was hoping the answer was yes.
Great forum, BTW.
sifi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
AlanH said
Is it possible to enter a journey when TTG is out of sight of the GPS satellites, for example at home rather than in the car?

You can also use the "plan from A to B" in your home to see which route it chooses then modify if need with a via point (or an alternative route). Doing this at your leisure may speeds things up when you use it to navigate outside.
MrRubberGloves
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sifi wrote:
You can also use the "plan from A to B" in your home to see which route it chooses then modify if need with a via point (or an alternative route). Doing this at your leisure may speeds things up when you use it to navigate outside.

When I plan a route from A to B (with my current location being C) and after it has given me the route to taks, if I were to modify the route ie by telling it to go via the alternative route option it always calculates it from C to B, anyone else suffer from this?
sifi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
MrRubberGloves said
When I plan a route from A to B (with my current location being C) and after it has given me the route to taks, if I were to modify the route ie by telling it to go via the alternative route option it always calculates it from C to B, anyone else suffer from this?

Done a quick check and mine does the same. Not noticed it before because I've always used home as the starting point. The latter does do A to B to C as expected. I'll have a look at the book to see if it says anything relevant.
sifi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strictly speaking my A to B to C should be A to C to B where A is the start and C is the via and B hte destination.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 30 of 35

Jump to: