Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom ONE 4N00.012
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom ONE 4N00.012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tenorman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Tom Tom ONE 4N00.012 Reply with quote

Hi from New Zealand. I have just got from a friend a Tom Tom that has a faulty SD Card. I am currently experimenting with my Camera Card that works ok so far.
However have not got very far. Managed to get an old map but don't seem to have it installed correctly. Now I don't have the 'code' number as it was lost so maybe that's why it does the following:
It starts up ok and accepts the card and asked me for date and time and then it pops up with...'no map found'
Using Tom Tom Home 2 it has updated a couple of free things and when I try to update the maps it shows the one I have, listed plus a new update of course. Not prepared to download a $99 one from Australia if it doesn't work (GPS I mean). Can just about buy a new one for that in New Zealand.
Tried to copy the full contents of a TomTom XL 4ET0.002.02 that doesn't have a card, and it started up ok but then a warning window saying I was using the wrong version for this one (expected that to happen).
At this point I am surfed out on the net so decided to ask someone here if they can help.
TNX
Kaye
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has your friend got a backup of the Map, from when he had it?

If not, has he got the Files he downloaded when he upgraded the Maps?

If YES, to either question, it should be a simple matter to overcome the problem.

If No to both, then I'm afraid it's 'bite the bullet' time. Sad

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Tom Tom ONE 4N00.012 Reply with quote

tenorman wrote:
Not prepared to download a $99 one from Australia if it doesn't work (GPS I mean). Can just about buy a new one for that in New Zealand.
Reading betweenthe lines and this the quote above, I think that Kaye wants to know whether there is any method of finding out whether the GPS bit of his TT works, without having to shell out on a new map to find out. I could be wrong (I often am Embarassed ) , but is there a way of establishing this without a map? I don't have a TT Very Happy so can't actually answer the question. Sad
tenorman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Tom Tom ONE 4N00.012 Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
tenorman wrote:
Not prepared to download a $99 one from Australia if it doesn't work (GPS I mean). Can just about buy a new one for that in New Zealand.
Reading betweenthe lines and this the quote above, I think that Kaye wants to know whether there is any method of finding out whether the GPS bit of his TT works, without having to shell out on a new map to find out. I could be wrong (I often am Embarassed ) , but is there a way of establishing this without a map? I don't have a TT Very Happy so can't actually answer the question. Sad

That is correct....Does it go at all is the question. No I don't have the original files as the sd card was corrupt and will not work anymore, that's why I was given it to examine. I have managed to get files installed from the "old boys' website that have made it start ok but the message 'not maps' now comes up. I did get a map off another Tom Tom, but a different model and it can't see that unfortunately. Are these maps 'locked' in some way?
Thanks for nay further help
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Maps are locked to the device first installed. You'll need to purchase a map.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But can he check the GPS is working first???

Isn't there a Service Screen that can be accessed?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without a map, I think the only other screen available would be the black and white system data screen of text that you get if you keep the power switch held down even longer than for a reset.
But I don't think that will tell you much more than what you know already, from the fact that the unit has powered up and worked out it needs a map.
tenorman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Without a map, I think the only other screen available would be the black and white system data screen of text that you get if you keep the power switch held down even longer than for a reset.
But I don't think that will tell you much more than what you know already, from the fact that the unit has powered up and worked out it needs a map.

Thanks for all the help. I think I will just have to leave it in the draw as a bad exercise. They want $135 NZ for a map from Australia TomTom and I can buy a new one (different brand) here for $150 with upgrades for a year or more so afraid Tom Tom not very good.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: