Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Go Original to iPhone 4 tomtom app
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Go Original to iPhone 4 tomtom app

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buckman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: TomTom Go Original to iPhone 4 tomtom app Reply with quote

Been using Tomtom Go Original for 6 years all fine, but time has come to upgrade with my iPhone 4 and get the TOMTOM app instead.

Couple of questions :

1. I have backed up TTG to Mac - is there a way to import my favourites/locations etc to my iPhone TTG app?

2. I NEVER used the TTG voices and deleted them via USB years ago - is there a way to delete the voices on the app permanently so to save some space? or if not, just permanently 'mute' them?

3. Does the TT app store locations and favourites in its own app, or can it read from 'Address book" in iPhone?

Thanks!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: TomTom Go Original to iPhone 4 tomtom app Reply with quote

1) no, not directly.
2) only if your phone is jailbroken - and you would have to do it each time the app was updated etc etc. to be honest, even on the 16gb iPhone 4 the 'extra space' the voices use is minimal.
3) both. you can store a small number of favourites and you can also read from the addresses from your contacts list

MaFt
buckman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MaFt..

I dont want or have any intention of jailbreaking my iPhone 4, but if theres not a way to delete the voices permanently is there a way to set up the app how you like it, so its a standard each time its launched?

ie: Voices on mute, but Speed Camera warnings on loud, 2D map view etc?

Lastly I just heard from another iPhone 4 (from 3G) user that the TomTom car kit doesnt fit the iPhone 4 correctly?

Is there an update on the way for it to be compatible with iPhone 4?

PS: I take it there is a free Speed Camera warning download for iPhone 4/TomTom users like the older TTG units?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckman wrote:
Lastly I just heard from another iPhone 4 (from 3G) user that the TomTom car kit doesnt fit the iPhone 4 correctly?

That's correct, simple to fix though.
Quote:
Is there an update on the way for it to be compatible with iPhone 4?

Yes
Quote:
PS: I take it there is a free Speed Camera warning download for iPhone 4/TomTom users like the older TTG units?

? Not sure what you are referring to here? Our database is subscription only now and has been for some years.
buckman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I mean by the Camera Warnings :

I first got my TomTom in 2004 and used your GPSworld camera updates for that fine...

I thought i heard something about the TomTom iPhone (maybe 3G model) didnt use POI's and Camera updates?

I've just seen a post on Apple Camera warnings, so take it this can be installed ok for an iPhone 4, latest software, plus latest TT software?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckman wrote:
Sorry I mean by the Camera Warnings :

Ah sorry, then no. Tomtom iPhone does not support third party POIs including our camera database and there is no facility to install custom alerts for TomTom's own, laughable excuse for a speed cam database.
buckman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah so there is no Apple iPhone/TomTom Camera speed warnings at all for the iphone?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckman wrote:
Ah so there is no Apple iPhone/TomTom Camera speed warnings at all for the iphone?

Yes, there are, but you need to use TomTom own database and their own 'beep beep' warnings.

You can, however, buy our CamerAlert app for 59p and link it to your PGPSW subscription. At the moment it doesn't run in the background but once Apple pull their fingers out the next version WILL run in the background so you can have full voice alerts for speed cameras from a decent database AND use the SatNav at the same time.

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: