Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Industrial Estates and Business Parks
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Industrial Estates and Business Parks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mengl2483
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Industrial Estates and Business Parks Reply with quote

Hi all, does anyone have Industrial Estates and Business Parks poi's for tomtom?
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is one on this site.
I have seen them before and can't remember where, have checked poi plaza and can't see them.
I think they were on a page that was for HGVs and coaches because there were low bridges, narrow lanes (unsuitable roads) and the like.
I don't think there were that many actual estates listed in them mind.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a list of nearly 4,000 which I am in the process of "cleaning", ready for submission to the POI section. Hope to have it ready sometime next week.

It is not a complete list, but was put on the back-burner when more important things had to be attended to.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
D4VE
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am waiting with anticipation for that POI Oldboy. My job (Telcoms & IT) means that I regularly visit Business Parks and Industrial Area's.

Dave
TomTom iPhone Car Kit

PC Operating System: Windows 7
EricWB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst Richards work upon compilation of a set Poi's for Industrial Estates and Business Parks is to be applauded Clap I would have thought a post code for whoever you want to visit would serve almost as well Question if not better in some cases Question
n0v
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I would have thought a post code for whoever you want to visit would serve almost as well "

I thought that to until I had to goto the Gloucester City link depot.

The postcode took me to KFC on Bristol Road. When I actually found the place it was 2 miles further on up Bristol Road by MacDonalds near Junction 12 on the M5. The postcode was corredt to, it does stretch over a large area!!!

That is just one example, I'm sure there are more.
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

n0v wrote:

I thought that to until I had to goto the Gloucester City link depot.

The postcode took me to KFC on Bristol Road. When I actually found the place it was 2 miles further on up Bristol Road by MacDonalds near Junction 12 on the M5. The postcode was corredt to, it does stretch over a large area!!!

That is just one example, I'm sure there are more.

yes funnily enough I had to go to a bookers on an estate ,the poi was out so I used the postcode that was out too eventually after driving though many estates I found the place ,so yes I look forward to it and will be a download for me when it comes out
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try finding some of the places on Technology Parks from Postcodes! One postcode can cover the entire place and they are like a maze!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where I find Live earning it's corn! More and more these days, I'm using Google Search of the postcode, whereupon I get a list of all the business premises there and can trawl through the list until I get the firm I'm looking for. Navigate to that usually sorts out the postcode wide band issues. The alternative again with Live's Google Search is to search for the firm.

Nice one today - I had a delivery to Alan Turing Hall, part of Manchester University, so I just searched Manchester for Alan Turing Hall and it put me right on the button. Impressive.

Here's a result for CityLink Gloucester, does it look familiar?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: CityLink Gloucester Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

Here's a result for CityLink Gloucester, does it look familiar?

From the CityLink web page http://www.city-link.co.uk/our-locations/location/gloucester.html) the Google map takes you to a different location. There seems to be two different Post Codes which threw nOv...
My limited delivery duties around the UK are assisted by my office team.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: CityLink Gloucester Reply with quote

stuart wrote:
From the CityLink web page http://www.city-link.co.uk/our-locations/location/gloucester.html) the Google map takes you to a different location. There seems to be two different Post Codes which threw nOv...
My limited delivery duties around the UK are assisted by my office team.
No, that website Google map Gloucester location is spot on my screenshot - mine is very zoomed in, but it's "just" north of M5 Jct 12 (junction with the A38 in my screenshot).

You mean your office team actually helps? Mine simply regurgitates whatever they end up with in the Chinese whispers game of details taken over the phone - they gave me "Star Brooks" very carefully spelled out by them the other day - it was Starbucks coffee shop (but under construction). If I were doing their job, I'd rip straight into Royal Mail website, Google maps, Google search and you name it before I passed an address to my drivers. I do that myself every time I get a call when I'm by my PC at home - the number of times it's saved me a lot of grief out on the road! Rolling Eyes

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: CityLink Gloucester Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

You mean your office team actually helps? Rolling Eyes

Yep, 'fraid So Dennis. It also helps that the vans are tracked by TrakM8 and followed in the office, which is fine by me. Nothing to hide and all to gain Rolling Eyes
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: CityLink Gloucester Reply with quote

stuart wrote:
DennisN wrote:

You mean your office team actually helps? Rolling Eyes

Yep, 'fraid So Dennis. It also helps that the vans are tracked by TrakM8 and followed in the office, which is fine by me. Nothing to hide and all to gain Rolling Eyes
How closely can they monitor you? Can they give you "no, back to the main road and then left and the next left" type instructions? How do you feel about the invasion of your civil liberties? Laughing (Before anyone else asks!)

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Tracked vehicle Reply with quote

JockTamsonsBairn wrote:
How closely can they monitor you? Can they give you "no, back to the main road and then left and the next left" type instructions? How do you feel about the invasion of your civil liberties? Laughing (Before anyone else asks!)

Yes, pretty much as close as that. Believe me, it can help some drivers, especially at night time...Civil Liberties...Invasion, I don't think so. Its not as though I plan to drive more miles than necessary to pay more taxes. Every penny I earn is taxed !!!
n0v
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis,

thanks for the reply, that screen shot does not look right a it is off the dual carriageway on the left just after the roundabout by McDonalds.

cheers

n0v.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: