Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - A Question to IPAQ6910 Users
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

A Question to IPAQ6910 Users

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharps4065
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: A Question to IPAQ6910 Users Reply with quote

I currently use a HX4700 for TomTom and other PDA work and of course have a mobile. About to upgrade my phone and I'm thinking about combining the 2 and go for a HP6910.

Any comments on how the the 6910 performs with TomTom - I'm staying with 5.21 as the Vodafone offering doesn't come with TomTom bundled and v6 doesn't appeal.

Also what happens when your using TomTom and there's an incoming call or you want to make a call. With TomTom on the HX4700 I've never found a way of getting back to the desktop to do anything else so how do I make a call. Also we trialed a personal tracking device at work which also had a panic button which phoned a preset number. When we tried this we found that it interrupted the GPS tracking. The company explained (claimed) that it was standard for a phone call to disconnect the GPS. If this is true then having both on the same device and wanting to use both at the same time is about as much use as a chocolate teapot. Any comments, advice?

Cheers
Clive
moonraker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used the 6515 and am now using the 6910. It works fine with TomTom 5 and 6.
Incoming call causes TomTom to disable sound whilst the phone call is in operation and then resumes once you have completed the call. Visual instructions continue fine.
I use mine with a Nokia Ck-7W Bluetooth car kit and it all works fine. I do however use the internal GPS module rather than an external receiver.
ianbr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a HP hw6910 on loan and now a 6915 on contract and agree that they work works well with tomtom 5.21 through to v6.

The halfords bluetooth hands free kit that I have works with both in that the tomtom keeps running with sound diverted to the phone function.

By the way my 6915 is part of a vodafone bundle and came with tomtom 5.3 but I couldn't get the full postcode function to work on this version supplied with the phone - it must be a cut down version of tomtom.

The internal GPS on the 69xx is great and gets a lock extremely quickly when the AGPS is updated as recommended.

The only problems I have had with the 69xx have been with activesync and push email using our company server - but we got it running in the end after a lot of research on the internet.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: